BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Information on Borad game please! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chris Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello,

I have tried searching on-line, spoken to people from games2collect and spoken to different auctioneers but cannot seem to get much information on a game that I have.

The Game is Wallis's Locomotive game of railroad adventures, this is the 1983 edition in as good as new condition. there seems to be very little information on this game available.

Could anyone give me any idea on its value or if it is desirable.

Any information would be appreciated.

Many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's in the database, but not much information is there. Perhaps you could use your copy to add a few more bits and pictures?

The Locomotive Game of Railroad Adventures: A New Round Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Google reveals that a board from this game sold for £385 at Christie's. That was an edition from 1830 though. I've no idea about the 1983 version. Visually it must be very interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Gough
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is very unlikely to be worth more than a few pounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, if it is a repro edition, it will not have a market value beyond what anybody might pay for it. Which is true for anything, but it's not a notably rare or collectable game as far as gamers on BGG are concerned. Repro or new editions don't have much value, and can undermine the market value of rare wanted games. But in this case, as advised, the original would be sought after, but not on BGG. We're generally looking at modern or recent games, not antiques.

But... please do add the producer details to the DB. Look under the menu Misc if you need to add the publisher details. You can also add a Version to the game page. Please do add the info and more photos to the game. Knowing that there is a repro edition out there will help other people following you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.