United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes as well. It just talks about "figures within 3 spaces," so monsters count as figures.

Thematically, it is a cloud of mist, enshrouding everything inside of it. There's no reason it would make Heroes more difficult to hit but wouldn't do the same for Monsters.

Of course, the solution for the Heroes is to have your Spiritspeaker go last, so it's irrelevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Triu Greykith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cloud of Mist wrote:
Action: Exhaust this card. While this card is exhausted, each attack that targets a space within 3 spaces of you misses unless the attacker spends 1 Surge.

Agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel O'Connell
United Kingdom
Sheffield
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Dexter345 wrote:
I would say yes as well. It just talks about "figures within 3 spaces," so monsters count as figures.

Thematically, it is a cloud of mist, enshrouding everything inside of it. There's no reason it would make Heroes more difficult to hit but wouldn't do the same for Monsters.

Of course, the solution for the Heroes is to have your Spiritspeaker go last, so it's irrelevant.

It is relevant for two reasons.

1. The card will not refresh (so the effect will still be in play) until the Spiritspeaker is activated on the next turn.(Yes, you could activate the Spiritspeaker first the on the following turn to remove the effect but if you to used it again this turn it would definitely affect the heroes)
2. It might be tactically disadvantageous to move the Spiritspeaker last.

So, yeah you can sorta-kinda get round it but it is far from irrelevant.

The best way to get round it is probably to keep just inside the mist and attack out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.