Subject: Game Night at 5-Wits in Foxboro! 9/27 @ 6pm rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Megan Sutton
United States
Foxborough
MA
flag msg tools
If you find that your Thursday nights are seriously lacking in gaming, you should probably come join us for a game or two. 7 Wonders? Or maybe you were looking for a good game of Pandemic? Come visit us at 6pm and you're sure to find a good game.

Please feel free to bring games of your own that you've been looking for a chance to play or peruse our collection.

Find as 202 Patriot Place, right near Gillette Stadium, at 6 pm! Hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to bump this and add a few comments in hopes that it gets some more activity...

I was at work yesterday and my fiance'/wife texted me and asked me if I wanted to check out "game night" at "5-wits". After I picked my jaw off the floor from the shock that she would want to do something game related I hesitantly said yes, because I did not want to discourage her from thinking such things.

Sooo why was I hesitant?

Iv'e been to a handful of "game nights" and a few were at retail shops. I think maybe one of those experiences was positive, and that was because it was in a restaurant/bar and I had a few drinks. So I was apprehensive about going. All of the things that I felt negative about the other experiences were not found at 5-wits last night.

The other reason I was hesitant is that I was confused about what the whole idea of the game night and the difference of what 5-wits was. Especially after I saw the ticket prices to the "shows" you might call them. The image of board gaming was not brought to mind after checking out their website. I can say now that I understand... it is an open game night held at that location in a designated area that is kind of not related to 5-wits.

We showed up a little late and did not get the opportunity to get in a game but that was fine because I was more interested in checking out the situation more than playing.

We sat at a table with a group playing a game we own...Four Taverns it was fun watching them. The really neat part was the game artist was there playing too. You might know him better as Grant Wilson from the SciFy show "Ghost Hunters". I got to talk with him about RPG's and such which was really cool.

A few things I did notice about the place were all positive...

1)Everyone was very welcoming. Iv'e been to some game shop nights and have gotten looks like I didn't belong there because I was not a regular. That was not the case here.

2)They had out and were playing some quality games. I hate party games and mass market games. I would rather sit in a dark room and stare at walls than play GiftTRAP and Apples to Apples and other such stuff. They placed out and supplied for use a very good variety to choose from. I can only assume that the person in charge is definatly informed and an active BGG member.

3)I was not hit with sales pitches and demos in order to drum up game sales.

4)I was in shock and kind of intreagued when I saw Age of Steam and Brass: Lancashire were two of the titles for sale on their small board game section of the store. The prices were reasonable too.

5)I was invited to come back (they are held every other Thursday BTW) with some of my own games that I never get a chance to play, so I can shake the dust off them.

So in summery... Go check it out and at least stop by there to take a look. You might also be pleasantly supprised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this still take place? And if so, when is the next one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.