Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
I assume that if I equip Liveoak Staff using my Fighter Avatar Level 2 that I get the full Physical Attack +6, since there is no hero strength to subtract. Is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Ouellette
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm curious to see an answer to this as well. Having no value is not the same as 0 but I can see how it would still work...

This brings back in my mind all the talks we've had about the Snakehead Flail, lol, not the same conditions I know. But it does pose the question of the hero stats not being present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Tube
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
eye, eye, eye, eye, eye, eye like you very much
badge
eye, caramba!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any official comment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darquil wrote:
I assume that if I equip Liveoak Staff using my Fighter Avatar Level 2 that I get the full Physical Attack +6, since there is no hero strength to subtract. Is that right?

This is how I interpret it, but maybe you should house rule it that if there are heroes who could use it then it should be equipped first by them?

I assume the special rules means that your avatar (which represents YOU) equipped the weapon and used it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Tube
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
eye, eye, eye, eye, eye, eye like you very much
badge
eye, caramba!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but what is the strength of YOU?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee Barl0w wrote:
Yes, but what is the strength of YOU?

Well if you like at the game's fighters the range is from 5-7. I would house rule it to 5 for the purpose of the liveoak staff...IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the ability cannot be used since there is no strength value to subtract, i.e. we aren't subtracting 0 because not having the value is not the same as a value of 0.

However, I think this could be argued either way and really requires an official answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Ouellette
Canada
flag msg tools
I was hoping to see an answer on this, it occurred during our game last night...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nicolas debord
France
Montfort-sur-meu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's a Staff... A weapon designed to be used by poor strength charaters...

how can a fighter can have a +6 bonus with this cheap weapon ?

and the avatar has no strength value... For me, it can't be use because there is no value to substract.

and it's not within the theme too.

but... it's not an official answer ! so ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Otto
United States
kinnelon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
I also had this happen...then I drew a hero card and we decided I had to equipe the weapon if possible. Later in the game it came up and I had no hero to give it to so in the absence of a rule saying otherwise we ruled it +6...but I really would like clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.