Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dietsch
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had our first real fight against an Ancient One yesterday, and we were against Yig I believe, who makes all investigators cursed at the start of battle. In our attempt to fight him we determined that the refresh phase, and the wording of the book (I don't have it with me now, can't check) that involved trading/moving skills/acting as Upkeep, that we rolled to get rid of the curse at each phase 1 of the battle.

Was this valid? Can anyone shed light for me? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I understand your question completely, but there is an upkeep phase each round before the investigators attack where they can trade items and roll for blessings/curse, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dietsch
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was all I had wondered. The book made it unclear if it was a full upkeep phase particularly for rolling for blessings/curses. It sort of sounded like they cherry picked portions of the upkeep and I couldn't tell if we could roll to get rid of our curse during the battle with Yig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
While Dan is right that you normally do roll for these things in a final battle Upkeep, there is an errata in the official FAQ that says you do not roll for Blesses, Curses, Bank Loans, and Retainers in the first Upkeep after you get it.

So that means that the Curses that Yig hands out at the start of battle would only be rolled for starting with the second round Upkeep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.