Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this isn't the right place, but figured this way everyone would know. What are the player mats going to be? Kind of like mini game boards, or just a laminated cardstock type of material? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Bruce,

They are identical to the Eclipse player mats. We share the same printer and spec'ed the exact same material. They're glossy and high-quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. Now I'll just have to find an Eclipse mat to figure out what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the best picture I was able to find:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1385286/eclipse?size=original

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Peterson
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So they are not printed on a stiff cardboard-like material then, right? It looks to me like it's a little thicker than normal paper. So is it fair to say that the mats have about the same rigidity as 110 lb card stock? (I do understand that the quality is much better, I just would like to obtain a feeling of what the piece will feel like when I play with it and I hope that it won't be too easy to bend it and create undesired creases on the mat.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is thicker than 110lb. card stock but yes, you have the right idea. I don't think it could be bent in a way that impacted the aesthetics unless it was really abused. It has a snap to it that card stock does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Peterson
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds great. Thanks! I really look forward to playing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.