Denez McAdoo
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Initially I didn't get the Drow Blademaster's "Flashing Blades" ability (or the Human Ranger from Cormyr, for that matter). Then I realized that, it could stab the same adjacent creature that it initially damaged, effectively allowing it deal 30 damage almost every time (I read it as a different adjacent creature.)

So now I'm looking at the Drow Assassin and trying to make a similar realization... How exactly is the "Hidden Blade" ability useful? It seems cool that it's 10 damage stab happens weather or not you deal damage (or even attack), but an "adjacent tapped creature" seems a little restrictive. The only strategy I can come up with is to rage attack a creature prior to movement, then position the Assassin so that he ends next to a tapped creature for the extra blow? Can any one read anything else into this?

Still, "Flashing Blades" seems better and would be used more often (i.e. every time it deals damage,) so I'm not sure the extra level is worth it for the Assassin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your opponent keeps deflecting damage with order cards on a specific creature it's useful to inflict some damage once it's tapped. Not the easiest ability to use tho!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Swalwell
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer in All Mediums
mbmbmbmbmb
With the Tyranny of Goblins, this guy might team up nicely with the Wolf, which always taps the creature it attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
savantt wrote:
With the Tyranny of Goblins, this guy might team up nicely with the Wolf, which always taps the creature it attacks.

Oh, that sounds good. Will have to add that pack to my wish list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denez McAdoo
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
there you go, the Assassin and the wolf, nice combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.