Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drinky Drinky
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We added these couple of rules mainly due to make a game with a neat system, but boring gameplay a bit more fun.

Black Cough variant: To setup do not put the black priest people in the bag, keep them out until mass time. They will be used to identify the black cough areas.

If for you draw a black cube while there are still other colored cubes in the respective area (non black cubes), place a priest in that circle area to identify the area with the black cough. From this point on that round ANY cube drawn from that area causes the time for whoever draws a cube from that area to increase by 2 spaces.

Priests are put into the bag after all cubes from the board have been drawn and mass will begin.

Tougher variant(not fully tested): Any people killed in this manner have their people sent to the unmarked graves as they died by the black cough.

--------------

Indulgence Variant: Simply when mass starts, and players are paying 1 coin to have their people automatically drawn from the bag. Another player may pay 1 coin as well to cancel that original person's coin to automatically be drawn for selection.

Order for the indulgence countering of another players priest starts with the highest ranking player's color in the church gets first veto. Then any other players who have no people in the church may give an indulgence if no one in the church has given one yet. Order is decided by the player to the players left if there is a tie.

The player may still pay to get their priest selected after a veto, but only at the cost of another coin another movement spot on the time track.

---------------

Yes these actions can speed up the game greatly. But they add some much needed screwage to a game that for all of the interesting mechanics, came up a little 'bourgeois'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understanding the reasoning behind the black cough variant. What's "more fun" about it? The "tougher variant" just seems broken.

If you don't think this game already has screwage, you're not paying close enough attention to what other players have and are doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think these are neat ideas for anyone looking to tinker with the game and looking for more ways to introduce screwage. As it happens I'm very content with the game the way it is and won't be trying these options, but do give them a try Drinky and let us know how things work out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.