United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
I am attending a con this weekend, and have scored a copy of the Z-man purple box edition in the math trade.

Another attendee is putting the black box WYG edition in the silent auction (I had nothing to trade that he wanted) for about $12.

Now, Amazon has the WYG edition for $12.00 with free shipping (I do have prime) here: http://www.amazon.com/Whats-Your-Game-4010-Fairy/dp/B007UV91...

This this really that awesome a deal? I kept noticing people paying considerably more for the WYG vs Z-man edition. The Z-man edition is $39 on Amazon (that't the link here on the BGG page for the game).

Also, add to the mix I can print the 100+ "Monkey's retheme" cards at printerstudio with their first time 50% off code for about $6-8 before shipping.

Any thoughts on keeping the bird in hand, or holding out for one of the two prettier ones in the bush?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. You can get the zman edition for cheap (in fact I have one new in shrink), but I've been waiting for the WYG version to hit the states forever. And i just picked up a copy!

For those curious, funagain games has it a little cheaper but of course you have to get to $75 for free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. You can get the zman edition for cheap (in fact I have one new in shrink), but I've been waiting for the WYG version to hit the states forever. And i just picked up a copy!

For those curious, funagain games has it a little cheaper but of course you have to get to $75 for free shipping.

I saw Funagain had it for about the same price too. So I guess it is kind of a recent development to get the WYG edition for $12 or so brand new, but widespread.

Boards and Bits has it for $9.60! CoolStuffInc does not have it in stock just yet.

Decisions, decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the purple version, and I think it's fine. The cards are very nice linen finish, and the icons etc are all very clear EXCEPT the names of the cards are in a poor/unclear font, AND the mini pictures of the companion cards at the bottom sometimes look similar---so that inexperienced players sometimes get certain cards confused.

I have not seen an in-the-flesh copy of the black version, but to me it looked like the iconography wasn't as clear.

Edit: I'll admit that the purple version is not very pretty though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnston
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Better hurry only 10 left!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A Question of Versions and Cost: Z-Man, WYG, and DIY
For a long time, the only version sold in the US was Z-Man, and it was hard (and costly) to get the WYG version.

Sometime in the last six months, the Z-Man version went out of print (there are rumors that a reprint is coming). As a result, the WYG has now become easily available in the US.

For that reason, the price of the WYG version has come down a whole lot. In some quarters, the cost of the Z-Man version has gone up, as it is out of print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.