Reinis Butans
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Attention! Various Deserted Animals have been gathering and they are being led by a fierce pack master Bebry. To embody these lovable characters for a game of wits and survival - join our indiegogo campaign http://www.indiegogo.com/desertedanimals .

Details about this adventure are explained in this video:

Please leave any comments, questions and suggestions regarding this event here or there or anywhere else. The Deserted Animals are monitoring the Internet. Your feedback and contribution to this cause (with or without a pre-order) will be much appreciated.

Currently the game rules are available in: English, German, Latvian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Really like the looks of this. Not to mention a separate shout for the lovely art.

Are there rules available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinis Butans
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Really like the looks of this. Not to mention a separate shout for the lovely art.

Are there rules available?

Thank you. While I am the biggest fan of this game and probably always will be, it is every time a great feeling to see someone else like it.

These Rulebook links will send you to our web page:
Rulebook in English
Rulebook in German
Rulebook in Latvian

But I will also upload them in PDF format for the Deserted Animals BGG entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinis Butans
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We managed to get an interview from our animals. Some general ideas about their characters you can find in this update: http://www.indiegogo.com/desertedanimals?c=activity&a=451209

But that is not all. You can also take a personality quiz to find out with which of them you share similar tastes or ideas. http://www.helloquizzy.com/tests/deserted-animals-characters...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinis Butans
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We like people who like us and who wishes to help us to reach our goal. So we want to reward you and we figured out how we are going to do that.

Tweet our campaign link and add #desertedanimals so we can find out who you are and add you to our contestant pool.

The contest entry deadline is the same as the campaign deadline. We will be drawing 10 random tweeters and sending out free game sets worldwide (if we manage to reach our goal and thus start the production).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinis Butans
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just added a little Q&A!

How does this work? – 1) You check out our campaign and you figure that you would like to be a part of it. 2) You see our perks and what you can get for how generous contribution. 3) You fill out the details and make the purchase. 4) IF our campaign manages to reach the 5000$ goal till 2nd of November – You get your order. IF our campaign does not manage to reach the 5000$ goal – You get full refund instantly and I die a little inside.

Can this be a gift? - Yes. The winter is coming and this is the most awesome Christmas gift you could get.

Is this game hard? - Not really. There are 2 ways you can play - be lucky or be smart - but probably you need a mix of both to win.

Can I show off my personality in this game? - Yes. You can be very strict to the task of winning or you can play friendly, or also just mind your own business. You can use your strengths to your benefit. Any of these skills will do: tactical thinking, intuition, relationship building, manipulation, luck, courage, intimidation, memory, calculus, perseverance etc.

Can I get this for my kids? - Sure. Your kids, your grandkids, your neighbor’s kids. It will be fun for anyone. The game experience reveals valuable life’s lessons. Like that there are limited resources and at one point they might run out and you may not always find what you were looking for, but you can still make the best with what you got!

Can I play alone? - Sure you can. I play with myself all the time, but like many things it’s more interesting to play with others.

How long will it take for me to get bored with this game? - You will be amazed in how many ways you can set up the game rules, so it will take you a longer while! The limit is not even your imagination - as we are building a gaming community that will help you with new ideas.

I like hosting and attending LAN parties, why should I try a non-virtual game? - This game set will give you all the necessary components to have a wonderful evening with your friends! You won't even notice the lack of radiation with all the fun you are going to have.

My loved one is playing too much videogames, can you help me? - Yes. He will pay more attention to you if you play together (I know you are talking about a guy. I am a guy also - so I know this).

I am a hardcore online gamer but I am tired of angry and immature players spoiling the fun, can you help me? - Yes. You can enjoy Deserted Animals with your actual friends. All you need is a desk and a live person. Not even a desk, you can also play on the floor.

I like to look a person in the eye when I beat them. - Is that a question? Well, whether you like it or not, you have this chance when playing in real life.

I think I am too old or to cool for board games. - This is also not a question and NO. You are not. At least not for this one. You are just right

I am a board game geek and all this seems too easy for me. I mean the game’s rulebook only has like 4 pages and most of that are pictures anyway. Isn’t that just too easy? – No. Let’s not get confused here. Simple does not equal easy. You can still have many different tactics and strategies within simple game mechanics.

I don't have an Internet but I want to play tactical turn based multiplayer strategy game, can you help me? - Yes. For 40$ + shipping fee we can help you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinis Butans
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are also including Facebook in our giveaway, because let’s face it – not everyone is using Twitter and so far there had been only 12 entries in the contest. What kind of contest would that be if we were to draw 10/12 winners.

So a reminder – to take part in our 10 game set giveaway there are 2 ways! By completing both you get 2 entries which gives you better chances, but you will still be able to win only 1 box. This is what you can do:

1) Tweet our campaign link http://www.indiegogo.com/desertedanimals and add a hashtag #desertedanimals so we can find you. Feel free to decide what it is that you want to tell about us. It’s up to you.

2) Like our facebook page to be updated with various news and activities: http://www.facebook.com/DesertedAnimals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.