Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: balance question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tony walters
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

Quick question. Are the empire and rebels balanced when fighting empire vs empire or rebel vs rebel?
Are you able to fight these battles?

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no reason you can't do this. It's not specific to the rules, but it should be balanced as long as you build using points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the tournament rules (posted at FFG) explicitly state that some games might pair Imperial vs Imperial or Rebel vs Rebel.

Apparently, games between Imperial and Imperial are pretty darn long, as the TIEs' low attack and great defense makes it hard for them to hurt each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Weiss
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The factions seem remarkably balanced against each other, so I could only assume that a RvR or IvI match would also remain balanced. They'd have the exact same access to ships and tech, so I can't see why not.

As someone else mentioned though, the games will play out different. RvR would be a faster match as they all have higher attacks and lower defense. The IvI though would probably drag on with low attacks and high defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I fought three Imperial vs Imperial games in the Gen Con tournament. It is hard for TIEs to damage on another since you usually are rolling two attack dice against three defense dice. In one game all ships were destroyed except for a lone TIE. In the other two very few ships were destroyed and the games were closely decided by remaining points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imperial vs Imperial doesn't sound like fun.

So, while we're on the topic? Have your games been pretty balanced? Has the Imperial won more often than the Rebels or vice versa?

I've only played once so far, and the Imperials barely won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kirchin
Canada
flag msg tools
tlee33 wrote:
Imperial vs Imperial doesn't sound like fun.

So, while we're on the topic? Have your games been pretty balanced? Has the Imperial won more often than the Rebels or vice versa?

I've only played once so far, and the Imperials barely won.

I have found the empire to be better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony walters
msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone done any house rule combined arms squadrons?

X-wing and tie fighters on the same side? I know this is more of a variant question but I'm just curious as I am holding my breath for a wraith squadron card to be included with the interceptor

Wraith squadron are from the X-wing books and have been known to have a squadron combined of both Tie Interceptors and X-wings. Just FYI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.