David Puldon
United States
Miller Place
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I just dont see how the heroes have a chance at stopping the vampire lady without first winning e1 and getting very lucky in terms of attack rolls and having her fail her door rolls.

All the overlord has to do is put the spiders in your way, blocking the first door and then when you open it, put in dragons to block your way again. Also, assuming he played the first encounter correctly, he has a couple of traps which will hinder your "rush" to get to the vampire.

I guess I just don't see how this is possible, it seems that a smart overlord would win 90+% of the time, while I don't see what smart heroes could hope to do to even the odds.

Any advice/winning experiences would be helpful, maybe I'm missing a rule or something.

Side question: Also regarding the door opening, I understand that monsters and familiars cant attempt to open the door according to the quest rule. But the rules say after picking the lock that the door can now be opened/closed normally. At this point if you pick the lock and then close it behind you, then monsters can now open that dor as if it was a normal unlocked door, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the plans I've read involve Stun or Immobilizing Eliza on turn 1.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/10075488#10075488
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
dpuldon wrote:
Side question: Also regarding the door opening, I understand that monsters and familiars cant attempt to open the door according to the quest rule. But the rules say after picking the lock that the door can now be opened/closed normally. At this point if you pick the lock and then close it behind you, then monsters can now open that dor as if it was a normal unlocked door, correct?

The way I have been playing it, if you get through via the Knowledge attribute test, the door remains closed and locked for other figures, but your figure is teleported to the other side. If you get through via the Awareness attribute test, you unlock and open the door, and from then on it functions like a regular door (can be opened/closed at the cost of 1 Action for everybody). If you get through via the Might attribute test, then the door is removed from the map permanently, and all figures can pass freely through where the door was.

So generally, if the Heroes have a high Might character, you may want him/her to go first, bust the door down, so your other characters can rush through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I (as heroes) trounced that quest. I won first encounter. Heroes quickly devastated stuff. Berserker with Whirlwind and Leoric with Exploding Rune are excellent room cleaners. With Divine Fury buff they're just amazing.

Keep those power potions for your most vital rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Rush
msg tools
I had a question on this... Say if if Tomble uses his heroic feat would he be able to get through the doors without checking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.