3 Posts

War of the Ring (First Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few basic rule questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J C
South Korea
flag msg tools
I just played the game once and I wanted verify a few things.

My questions are

1) Can you change two regulars into a elite?

2) 'Add 1 to all dice on your combat roll' means at normal combat you can roll 4, 5, 6 instead of 5,6 correct?

3) About the card BALROG OF MORIA, I'm not quite sure what 'if the Fellowship moves into, out of, or through Moria' means. Does it mean that you can draw a huntile even if the fellowship didn't enter Moria?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No. This is not allowed, the rules do not give an option to do this anywhere.

2) Yes, exactly.

3) It means thta you also draw a hunt tile if the Fellowship started the move in Moria, ended the move in Moria, or moved through it to reach the region they are revealed or decalred in. You also get to draw an extra tile, if they get revealed while sitting there and do not move at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5491 wrote:
Does it mean that you can draw a huntile even if the fellowship didn't enter Moria?

No. If the Fellowship declares or reveals in a region and the path it traced to get there did not begin in, pass through, or end in Moria, the Shadow player cannot trigger the card's effect.

A shrewd Shadow player might use Cruel Weather to force the Fellowship from Dimrill Dale into Moria to create an opportunity to use the card, or keep the card on the table to be used at some point for its combat effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.