Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
So, what do you all think about collective bargaining unions now? Lets ask Gov. Walker. Hehe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the whole point if his anti-union stance was to enable firms to hire and fire and pay low wages to under qualified staff. Yes this does smack of hypocrisy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
I thought the whole point if his anti-union stance was to enable firms to hire and fire and pay low wages to under qualified staff. Yes this does smack of hypocrisy

You thought that was the whole point of the anti-union stance? Wow.

So what is it then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Collective bargaining has the real refs on the sidelines. What do you think?

As a Vikings fan, that clearly was a touchdown though.

I'm not going anywhere near the union bit, since it's an apples and oranges situation and not all that interesting to me, but I will say unequivocally that as a Bears fan the touchdown on that play was never in question. Only a Packers fan could even begin to dispute such a clear-cut and obviously correct decision on the field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

You thought that was the whole point of the anti-union stance? Wow.

So what is it then?

First off, collective bargaining privileges were dialed back only for public unions. If we're talking about "firms" (or for that matter, NFL referees) the changes would have to apply to private unions as well which they didn't.

The changes were primarily focused on fixing a major part of a $3.6 billion budget deficit and they succeeded at that. There were no firings and replacement of workers with "under-qualified staff." In fact, they do the exact opposite by decreasing the power of the union. We're allowed to reward the successful in government now and get rid of the under-qualified staff.

It would be extremely difficult to pack more wrong about Walker's changes than you did into a single sentence.

Cheers for that, how did it reduce the deficit if it did not reduce wages?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be just out of that photo to the upper left. I should check around the internet and find one with me in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
First off, collective bargaining privileges were dialed back only for public unions.

Not all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The view from my seats.

This was right after the last TD

Right after the game Scott, Dilfer, and Young getting ready to go on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are good seats. Sucks you had to watch the Seahawks, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
jmilum wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
First off, collective bargaining privileges were dialed back only for public unions.

Not all of them.

Thanks again for your useless commentary about something that wasn't ever said. Your brilliance shines through again.

Thanks, i'm so glad you see my brilliance. Above someone had said something about collective bargaining and unions. You clarified and said it was only for "public unions", I further clarified and said it was not all of the public unions.

There's no need to get all upset or start in with the personal attacks. If I hurt your feelings by clarifying your clarification, I'm really very sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Cheers for that, how did it reduce the deficit if it did not reduce wages?

The single biggest money saver for communities was the ability to negotiate for health providers rather than being forced to buy health insurance from the union-run provider.

Also, employees were asked to contribute to their pension and health care benefits costs.

Yuo see thats where my whole problom comes form, in the UK we do not need health insurance.

As to pension and health care benefits costs, so they had less mony because they were paying for something they did not before? Also they were paying for something they were not in fact choosing, thus were not deciding for themselves if it was good value for money, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

Well, since Chapel and slatersteven appeared to be confused about the difference between public and private unions wrt Wisconsin, my clarification was actually useful to the discussion. Yours however, was not relevant or useful.

You seemed to be confused about the irony of this joke, but I still refuse to explain it to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.