Troy English
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How do I cancel trades?
I can't for the life of me find it.
(Apologies if it is front and center somewhere and I am just being blind).

Simple reasons,

One of my trades I clicked on the wrong item (otherwise known as none) and for some reason my offer of 'Nothing' for their shrink wrapped game might be a bad trade offer...

And the other one, I had someone accept it and then send me a geekmail 2 seconds later saying they clicked the wrong link, no bad intent by anyone, but I do want to delete the trade out of my list instead of some fake 'Ship it' item
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries.

There is no cancel trade option.

Quote:
One of my trades I clicked on the wrong item (otherwise known as none) and for some reason my offer of 'Nothing' for their shrink wrapped game might be a bad trade offer...

Contact the other user and ask them to decline... which they no doubt will - it will expire by itself anyway.

Quote:
And the other one, I had someone accept it and then send me a geekmail 2 seconds later saying they clicked the wrong link

If someone accepted by accident:
"You both simply finish out the trade with a note that the two of you agreed to cancel the trade."

How cancel a trade proposal

Other tips:

Contact a potential trader first by geekmail if they agree by geekmail only then send a formal trade proposal.

Don't send out multiple formal trade proposals, as this may result in three people all accepting a trade on a single item.

See the wiki guide to trading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy English
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Liam.
Very appreciated.

I will say, this is a frustrating system...

A simple 'annul' button or something on a trade offer would make this much simpler.

Would leave it in the database, but, not force me to do a bunch of silly things like Shipping a virtual empty box to get it out of my system.

And, while the one trade offer will expire, I have to wait for that to happen. Which is annoying since my trade list is now 'cluttered' and I LIKE an uncluttered system... (Little bit OCD I guess....)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I sympathise with your frustration but...

This system is about ensuring trading on BGG is safe and efficient.
An 'annul' button could make trading on BGG less safe and efficient.
Bottom line users shouldn't propose or agree to a trade that they don't intend to keep.

On BGG a trade proposal should always mean a serious (if sometimes unbalanced) proposal that creates a binding commitment, if accepted. What would be more frustrating is if trade proposals were flimsy, unreliable and easily cancelled.

This said I do agree though that it could be helpful if there was a mutual annul button. I'd rather, however, like to see users having to read the trading guidelines before they could take part in trading, as on BGG trading is taken more seriously than on other sites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Well I sympathise with your frustration but...

This system is about ensuring trading on BGG is safe and efficient.
An 'annul' button could make trading on BGG less safe and efficient.
Bottom line users shouldn't propose or agree to a trade that they don't intend to keep.

On BGG a trade proposal should always mean a serious (if sometimes unbalanced) proposal that creates a binding commitment, if accepted. What would be more frustrating is if trade proposals were flimsy, unreliable and easily cancelled.

This said I do agree though that it could be helpful if there was a mutual annul button. I'd rather, however, like to see users having to read the trading guidelines before they could take part in trading, as on BGG trading is taken more seriously than on other sites.

Well put. Thank you for your thoughts and insights into the trading system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.