Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: A Research Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am doing some research for a personal project and need to tap into Chit-Chat’s collective wisdom. I want to know two things:

1. What are the Top 100 best-selling American mass-market games?
2. What are the Top 100 (or so) best-selling “European-style” games?

I wanted to use the BGG database, but that is based on gamer ratings, not on sales popularity.

Does anyone know of a place on-line where I can find this data, or something similar?

A pile of ten (10) shiny Geek Gold coins will be given to the person who posts the most helpful link. Other GG rewards may be given at my discretion for helpful suggestions.

(If no one here can help me by the end of the week, I will post this in the General Gaming forum, but I wanted to give fellow chit-chatters first crack at it.)

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Brown
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could probably use Amazon as a proxy:

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Toys-Games-Board/zgbs/toy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Brown
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, from 2010:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/19720.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This Geeklist might help:

Board Game Sales Stats (Now with sources)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are good links. It'll take me a few days to sort through all the info and decide which one(s) is/are the most helpful for my project.

Meanwhile -- keep those links and websites coming! The more data the better!

EDIT: Here's 1 GG for each of you as an incentive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been through the data in two of those links and it is all good, solid stuff I can use. The data is presented differently in each one, but it looks like they both will be very helpful. Therefore, I will award both of you a total of 10 shiny GG. Go buy yourselves that microbadge you've been pining for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Brown
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
*sniff* I only got 1!

But if you're so inclined to part with another 9, can you give it to the GeekList creator instead - I don't really need any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
*sniff* I only got 1!

But if you're so inclined to part with another 9, can you give it to the GeekList creator instead - I don't really need any more.

Something went wrong because I'm positive I gave both you and Laura an additional 9 GG. However, as per your request I will instead give it to the list creator.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.