Subject: Marking stacks of facedown blocks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One of the challenging things about a 4 player block game is making sure that the enemy players on your left and right don't see your blocks. The game rulebook recommends putting them facedown if there is a concern about this (8.1)

However, if they're face down, and they're all the same color: won't there be some confusion about who's stack of blocks is who's?

Will there be a bunch of generic counters in the game, that the players can put on their stack of blocks, to mark them as their own?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bernatz
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There aren't so many blocks that I see this as a problem...and one /could/ use spare influence markers if absolutely necessary (say if the game is left over night or something).

Note that very few of the blocks have a specific "always belongs to player X" coloring, so even seeing the face of the block is not always indicative...so "facing" of the Blocks would have to be kept fairly uniform with 4 players to insure even standing blocks would be clearly a certain player's.

Just a problem with any block game when you start getting >2 players...

-K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But if there is a 4 piles of blocks in one shire, and they're all facedown... it seems to me that it would be very easy to forget who's stack is who's.

I would think that generic markers for each player would be needed. If they're not included, I think I'll need to obtain some for each of the 4 colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen A. Cuyler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As Kevin indicated, you can use a spare influence marker.

If color vision is not a problem in your group, the support markers can work as well, as the background color indicates house; and they are not used elsewhere until parliament.

-SAC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.