Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
So I am doing a garage sale this month, and selling a boat load of stuff that just sits on the shelf. That includes a couple hundred DVD's

My question is, what is the best way to sell them. If I do do craigslist, what do you think would be a fair price per DVD...maybe $2-3?

Anyone have any luck selling theirs?

How about a metric ton of Magic the Gathering cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
MWChapel wrote:
I offer 1 shiny geekgold for your metric ton of cardboard crack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Morse
United States
Falmouth
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
http://atroublewithwords.com/
mbmbmbmbmb

It depends - I've paid as much as $10 for certain titles in the past, and turned my nose up at $3 for others...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
do you want to make money, or do you want to get rid of them?

if its the latter - $1 per DVD.

so if you have a box set with 3 dvds in there = $3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
peloquin17 wrote:

Well I figure, if they make the garage sale, they will probably go for a buck, but I think on Craigslist, I might be able to sell a bunch of them for more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
peloquin17 wrote:

Well I figure, if they make the garage sale, they will probably go for a buck, but I think on Craigslist, I might be able to sell a bunch of them for more.

it really depends on the title.

for example - Brazil Criterion Collection.
def worth more than $1 per disc

its gets confusing pricing DVDs sometimes because of bluray, but you also have to take into account the bonus features on the disc. if they cant be found anywhere else, you might want to charge more.

a collector or movie buff isnt going to want a plain dvd, if there's a bluray version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MWChapel wrote:

I also have interest in your metric ton, which I would add to my metric ton, in order that I would then have two metric tons that I would wistfully think about now and then and would someday sort into sets and boxes with the intent of some further day in the indefinite future using to play a game, but would not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$1 is the answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

I also have interest in your metric ton, which I would add to my metric ton, in order that I would then have two metric tons that I would wistfully think about now and then and would someday sort into sets and boxes with the intent of some further day in the indefinite future using to play a game, but would not.

Sounds like you could do an auction here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja I've used eBay, but only the super rare or eclectic ever seem to sell (samurai flicks, Criterion etc.) I've sold "lots" of several DVDs before too. Large collections 100+ seem to do pretty well.
Our local re-seller places (used "record" stores) will take 'em but pay little. My best advice is group a bunch in a lot and maybe offer 'em on a Math Trade list--anybody remember those? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cabalzero wrote:
ninja I've used eBay, but only the super rare or eclectic ever seem to sell (samurai flicks, Criterion etc.) I've sold "lots" of several DVDs before too. Large collections 100+ seem to do pretty well.
Our local re-seller places (used "record" stores) will take 'em but pay little. My best advice is group a bunch in a lot and maybe offer 'em on a Math Trade list--anybody remember those? ninja

There's a math trade going on now that you could put them up in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a US equivalent of MusicMagpie or CEX where they will buy your DVDs at a fixed price? You basically put the titles or barcode number into their website, and they tell you how much they're willing to pay. You then print off a label and post the whole lot to them and they credit yout bank account when its all verified. CEX even pay the postage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

But the point is that you **COULD** man. Think of it... TWO METRIC TONS (TONNES?) of Magic cards.

How could you not jump on that?

Heck, I'll offer 1 shiny geek penny and and two average geek pennies on YOUR BEHALF!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.