Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Overall, have the humans been clearly strengthened? Have the zombies?

I know that there's a running debate about who's stronger to begin with, (and I know that it can be scenario-based also) but I was just curious about people's opinions concerning the overall strength of both sides in the new expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris LeMasters
United States
Rancho Santa Fe
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am finding in early games that the Hero upgrades often cause the Heroes to take more risks, putting themselves in more danger (still resolved by the random nature of the game itself). Complex Zombie strategies are harder to pull off later in the game as the Heroes upgrade - so the Zombie player is relying on movement surprises (cards) or event cards to catch the Heroes off-guard.

I like the upgrade mechanic. It causes the players to take more chances organically (as mentioned before) and makes for more 'story' moments in the game. It might make it harder for a new Zombie player, however - particularly since the Zombie player must use advanced tactics (Zombie Heroes, one-shot Zombie upgrades) to balance the Heroes' increased strength.

As such, I prefer to play TP vanilla (without other LNOE cards, but with the option of the other LNOE Heroes). It works fine on its own. Perhaps we'll add barricades in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.