Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: search card's gold rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jay cutler
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
why the gold must be in common? I like that each hero has his gold..anyone else plays in this way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play like that, heroes wouldn't probably be able to buy anything until after the second quest, maybe two or three items max per hero for the entire campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay cutler
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
If you play like that, heroes wouldn't probably be able to buy anything until after the second quest, maybe two or three items max per hero for the entire campaign.

I don't think so..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, say you have 3 heroes, each searches once in E1, they get 25, 25 and 50 (pretty normal in the campaign that ended today), perhapsh another 25 or 50 gold worth in E2. Combine those, maybe with a sell of a starting item or two and they could buy something up to 150 right after the first quest, whereas if you keep them separate, at that rate they'll not be buying anything. It would also force a hero to focus on searching if he wanted any items, something that would take away from the party's prowess, especially if your tank, who really needs better weapons, is forced to waste actions searching instead of attacking. Or were you thinking of having one hero do all the searching, but handing off the items to another hero? I noticed most of the searching was being done in E1, while in E2, there was much more focus on the victory condition as that is what is really important, E1 you can at times "waste" time searching when it perhaps isn't absolutely necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay cutler
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
Well, say you have 3 heroes, each searches once in E1, they get 25, 25 and 50 (pretty normal in the campaign that ended today), perhapsh another 25 or 50 gold worth in E2. Combine those, maybe with a sell of a starting item or two and they could buy something up to 150 right after the first quest, whereas if you keep them separate, at that rate they'll not be buying anything. It would also force a hero to focus on searching if he wanted any items, something that would take away from the party's prowess, especially if your tank, who really needs better weapons, is forced to waste actions searching instead of attacking. Or were you thinking of having one hero do all the searching, but handing off the items to another hero? I noticed most of the searching was being done in E1, while in E2, there was much more focus on the victory condition as that is what is really important, E1 you can at times "waste" time searching when it perhaps isn't absolutely necessary.

you've convinced me!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.