Popular Tags: [View All]
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are attacking an area with your submarines special power before attacking with an amphibious attack.
What happens if you are destroying all opponent units and the area is empty?
Can you do your amphibious attack afterwards even when this area is empty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You have to attack troops. Occupying territory otherwise is a move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
So it is better not to attack an territory with the special submarine attack, before you do an amphibious attack on the same territory, because "unfortunately" you could destroy all opposing units and are not allowed to continue with your amphibious attack.
Is it correct what I am saying?
Is it not a disadvantage in the game that you cannot attack empty territories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
So it is better not to attack an territory with the special submarine attack, before you do an amphibious attack on the same territory, because "unfortunately" you could destroy all opposing units and are not allowed to continue with your amphibious attack.
Is it correct what I am saying?

It depends on the number of defending troops but yes it can be a risk but you should only ever play it wrong once.

Quote:
Is it not a disadvantage in the game that you cannot attack empty territories?

No. If anything its just another beautiful part of a fantastic design.

Experienced players purposefully leave pockets of empty space inside their territory to delay an opponent's advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't you see a special submarine attack as a part of an amphibious attack? And as every successfull attack, you move your troops in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not totally sure I understand the question but:

i) A special submarine attack and an amphibious attack would always count as two separate attacks, with separate units.

ii) If the special submarine attack destroys all the units in the square that you had planned to launch an amphibious attack on, you can no longer launch the amphibious attack. So there is an element of risk here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you understood the question right. Thanks for the answer.
But I think it makes more fun and thematic sense, if you start an amphibious attack and you can do, as a little "bonus", a special submarine attack before. Then it is like the amphibious attacks in Axis&Allies, where you also have a first shot with the battleships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, thematically it makes sense but it would remove an opportunity for meaningful decision making and a risk and reward element so I wouldn't be in favour of chaining it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spieler Gott
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Which reward element do you mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Risks:

Spending an attack on a submarine special attack. Also, depending on the number of submarines present, there may be a risk of eliminating all defending making an amphibious attack impossible.

Reward:

Weakening an opponents resistance and on occasion ensuring that their initiative is lower than yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.