Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
**The order cut off for delivery to BGG Con is November 5th 12 PM Eastern Time**

As you hopefully know by now Funagain will be at BGG Con this year selling the latest and greatest games direct from Essen! We're very hard at work prepping everything but wanted to get out a post to let everyone know how this will work.

If you read this announcement last year (or the year before that) things will function essentially the same.

There are essentially 2 different methods to making sure you get the games you want to BGG Con.

The first is to pre-order the games ahead of time and we'll deliver them for free. All orders, no matter the size will ship for free to BGG Con. Just use this code during checkout:

BGGCON2012

Your shipping charge will show when you select your shipping method but it will be removed during the final step. You can use this code as many times as you want, but if you use it on an order it will show up at the hotel, just make sure you have a way to get it home. There is no need to combine orders, you can order as many times as you like and everything will arrive. Please bring your order number(s) with you to the show. It will help us get the games to you more quickly. So if you're the kind of person that likes to make decisions beforehand that's your best option.

You can now all enjoy my hand drawn arrow screenshot which shows were to put the code:

We will not charge your credit card/PayPal account until the items are ready to ship to BGG Con.

We will also be bringing games with us for sale if you can't make up your mind or just like to shop. We're only going to be bringing new games with us. We will have a selection of NEW domestic and import titles, but will not bring older titles. If you want a copy of Ticket to Ride you'd better include it on a website order. However we will bring newer domestic titles.

The cut off for having a pre-order delivered to BGG Con is November 5th 12 PM Eastern time.

So that's the basics but here's a little more helpful information.

You can find our Essen 2012 category here:

http://www.funagain.com/control/catalogsearch?category_id=SE...

This shows games that will be released at Essen, although it is far from showing everything released at Essen. Why is this list so important? Because the more you use it the better chance that we'll buy what you want.

We use this list to gauge how much and what to buy. So if you see something you want PLEASE pre-order, or if the game doesn't have a price then use the "notify me" button. We don't buy everything on this list we just buy what people are interested in. There are simply too many games at Essen to buy and bring them all back. Every year we get asked "Why didn't you guys get in Game X! I sooo wanted to buy it!" 99% of the time it's one of 2 reasons, 1) there wasn't any supply of it, 2) we saw no interest in the game before and during the show so we skipped it. Pre-ordering or using "notify me" is how we figure out what to buy.

This list is not complete. We're still adding games to it that we know folks are interested in and there are always last minute editions. So if you don't see what you want tell us! We'll do our best to add it to the list, and to buy it in Germany.

Not everything on this list has a price. As we get more information from publishers more prices will appear. In some cases we won't have a price until after the game gets back here in the US. However for those games which do have prices if you pre-order your price is locked. What this means is that if, after our shipment arrives, we decided we have to adjust the price of a game up the price you pre-ordered it for will not go up. However if that price can go down (and every year there are several games which go down in price) you WILL be credited the difference. You'll never be charged more for a game you pre-order but you might be charged less.

Pre-orders are handled in the order in which they are received. This means if you know you want a game pre-order it right now. Every year supply on some very popular games is limited. We might only end up getting 1/3 or 1/4 of what we want and can't cover pre-orders. When this happens we fill them in the order they were received. Pre-ordering something does not mean that you will get a copy. I know this sounds terrible to say but there was some confusion last year about what pre-ordering means. If you pre-order a game for BGG Con delivery it means that you have a reservation for said game, will fill those reservations in the order they were received and will do everything we possibly can to get the games to you. There are several instances where things can go a little wonky. Sometimes I have an order in with a publisher but their games don't make it. Sometimes the game gets delayed for 6+ weeks and isn't available. Sometimes (though very rarely) games I had on order get sold out from under me and end up with somebody else. Sometimes the freight forwarder sends the entire shipment to Calgary and dunks 2 full pallets in a lake thereby ruining the entire non-shrinkwrapped contents (that is a true story).

If you pre-order game(s) that end up not being available for BGG Con we will e-mail you and let you know which titles will not be available. At that point you can decide to keep the pre-order active and have the games sent to you when they do arrive, or you can cancel your order.

You will get a special Essen goodie if we're able to get them as well. In normal circumstances the publisher is more than happy to include these with the games we buy and we then just turn them over to our customers. However we are talking about international shipping and many things can and do go wrong, so we can't guarantee anything. However, it's not usually a problem.

We will attempt to bring some VERY limited copies of multilingual/non-English versions of some games that were going to be released shortly in the domestic market. Please remember that in many cases there are publisher agreements on who can sell into what territory and we may not be allowed to bring back non-English versions to sell. If we can bring back some of these kind of titles (and at this point we have no idea what they'll be) the numbers will be extremely limited and offered on a first come first serve basis. We're trying to walk a very fine line here of being able to provide gratification for some people who just want a hot new game no matter what language it's in, not stepping on publisher toes, and not be left hanging with foreign language games which were expensive to procure once the English editions arrive.

I leave for Europe in 10 days. While I'm gone (for about 2 and a half weeks) this thread will only be checked intermittently. So if you don't get an answer back right away please don't worry. It doesn't mean that we've forgotten about your, or decided not to come to BGG Con, or are burning your games in a giant pile in the alley, it just means the guy who co-ordinates all this (me) is out of the country.

That should about cover it. You can post to the thread for any questions or e-mail our customer service at cs_general@funagain.com.

So...TL;DR:

Get free shipping to BGG Con by going to Funagain.com and using the code:

BGGCON2012

We will be bringing very few, if any copies of soon to be released domestically available games.

Pre-order stuff you really want.

Thanks and we'll see you all in Dallas!

*edited to add order cut-off date
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Just placed my order. I used the promo code and selected in-store pickup. Was that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup that works. You can actually pick any delivery method you want.

clydeiii wrote:
Yay! Just placed my order. I used the promo code and selected in-store pickup. Was that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff morales
United States
Near Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Lets Eat!
badge
I also live
mbmbmbmbmb
Done! Thanks again for this wonderful service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What if we preorder for BGG.CON delivery and then we can't pick up the game there? Can we change the preorder to ship the game(s) instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking of ordering an item or two.

If there's a major Essen release I'm interested in that does not appear on your list, should I assume that it will be available domestically in the near future through other means?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
What if we preorder for BGG.CON delivery and then we can't pick up the game there? Can we change the preorder to ship the game(s) instead?
Yes, just don't put in the BGG promo code.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

That's not an answer to the question. The question is what if we order for BGG.CON delivery (which means using the code) and then change our mind? I probably won't know if I will actually make it to BGG.CON until very near the date of the event, but there are games I'd like to order either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:

That's not an answer to the question. The question is what if we order for BGG.CON delivery (which means using the code) and then change our mind? I probably won't know if I will actually make it to BGG.CON until very near the date of the event, but there are games I'd like to order either way.

I know last year the "cut off" for modifying BGG.Con delivered orders was this fixed date before the Con when Funagain arranged their pallets for delivery. It was about a week or so before the con.

Quote:
There will be a cut off for pre-ordering games for BGG Con and I will post that date in this message when I have it. For reference, last year it was 6 days before the start of the convention.

Ah yes, that sounds about right. I'm no representative of Funagain, so I can't speak for them, but I'd imagine if you wanted to change shipping of an order that was planned for BGG.Con delivery, there's your expected cutoff. Could be a little sooner, could be a little later, but expect it to be a week to ten days before the Con. Right?

[added]
And last year there was a Fedex desk /at/ the Con. Worst comes to worst & your games are there, but you're not, I'm sure someone friendly will ship them on via a FedEx account for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:

If there's a major Essen release I'm interested in that does not appear on your list, should I assume that it will be available domestically in the near future through other means?
I'm in the same boat. I'm very interested in Iron Sky: The Board Game, which is not on your list. Also, if a game is listed as 'Pre-order', you do not have the option to put it in a cart: how do we indicate to our interest in those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Just tell us via e-mail and we can ship to wherever you'd like.

DaviddesJ wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly it's best to ask. While I'd love to think we never miss anything sometimes we do. Sometimes we don't hear about something etc. etc. etc.

You can just e-mail us, or GM and we'll get you a yes/no/maybe answer.

trenttsd wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iron Sky is on my list of games but I have yet to hear anything back from the publisher. It also happens that we haven't made a product page for it which is why you don't see it. At a minimum the product page will get created so I can plug in pricing info when I get it, hopefully I hear back and can stick in a price.

Games which say "pre-order" but actually let you do anything don't have a price. As soon as I have a price I will put it in and you can then really pre-order it. The best thing to do with those games is just keep checking back. I get new information throughout the day every day from now until Essen.

You indicate your interest by posting here and/or by clicking the "notify me" button. That tells me each person that's interested in the game.

LennyS wrote:
trenttsd wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I'm very interested in Iron Sky: The Board Game, which is not on your list. Also, if a game is listed as 'Pre-order', you do not have the option to put it in a cart: how do we indicate to our interest in those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fire Lord
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very interested in 1830 Cardgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mb
Ordered:
Tzolkin
2 Neuroshima Expansions
Galaxy Trucker Expansion

WooHoo. Thank you very much for doing this. It is a great service to the gaming community attending BGG.CON. Let me buy you a beer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain Games wrote:
Honestly it's best to ask. While I'd love to think we never miss anything sometimes we do. Sometimes we don't hear about something etc. etc. etc.

trenttsd wrote:

OK. The game I am interested in is Fremde Federn/Copycat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
roseundy wrote:

That is Winsome and probably already sold out. I have it Steve if you want to look at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can tell you for 100% certainty that we won't have any Winsome games. They literally sell out within minutes with very limited copies.

cscottk wrote:
roseundy wrote:

That is Winsome and probably already sold out. I have it Steve if you want to look at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Taraba
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in buying Suburbia and Alcatraz: The Scapegoat – Maximum Security if you will pick them up.
Edit:found out suburbia doesn't really need to be imported from essen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - ordered Autokrator and Hanabi: hope I didn't miss any deadlines...

Still hoping to Pre-order 1969; have given up on Iron Sky: The Board Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of having Trans-Siberian by mondainai. He indicates in this thread that y'all are the best bet for getting a copy. I would love to be able to pick this up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Freshmaker
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
Funagain Games wrote:

trenttsd wrote:

Also interested in Fremde Federn/Copycat. English only though. Not sure if the German edition was the only one being released at Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
raile wrote:
trenttsd wrote:
Funagain Games wrote:

trenttsd wrote:

Also interested in Fremde Federn/Copycat. English only though. Not sure if the German edition was the only one being released at Essen.
Also interested in Fremde Federn, and the Alcatraz expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to Fremde Ferden, 1969, and Alcatraz Expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Freshmaker
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not coming OUT at Essen -- it's been out since earlier this year -- but it might be AVAILABLE at Essen...

I'd be interested in getting a hold of Kaispeicher (English edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.