Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the joys of playing in HF PBF#1, and (to a lesser extent) moderating PBF#2 has been the ability to take my time and slowly watch plans come to fruition. I'll sit down and plot out a set of moves in advance and figure out the optimal play to maximize victory points.

This game is tailor-made for a slow approach. When you're sitting around playing in person with friends then time constraints don't allow you to optimize your moves. But when you have a couple days between turns, you can sit down, analyze the situation and come up with a plan to generate a "best play". Plus it gives me something to think about.

Playing by forum (or email, etc.) really is a terrific way to experience this game, and I highly recommend it. It teaches you a lot about how HF works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eklund
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said.

I fear encountering a seasoned PBF player in a real game.

I'm much more of a "see if it works" kind of player. Sometimes the answer may be a flat "no"... but often it's more of a "no, but...if you scrap together X you might be able to pull off something awesome".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.