Subject: A bit pricey rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
The cost for collection at Essen is $30 which, for less than 30 cards, 9 figures and 5 dice, seems a tad expensive - or is it just me?

I have included the Treebeard expansion, which is included for Essen pre-order, in my counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Essen cost is the same as SRP, we can't sell below that (actually, we're discounting in the amount of European VAT, as the US price is, as always, a "before taxes" price, while the Essen price is inclusive of VAT).

That said, LOME it's more expensive to manufacture than normal because all figures are unique, and all dice are different from each other (plus the LOTR license on top of that) - and as an Expansion, it does not enjoy "scale reduction" of its fixed costs as a core game does, because of course print run is quite lower.

I think that the addition to gameplay is worth it anyway! I understand you already pre-ordered it, so thank you very much, and I hope you will not be disappointed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't the Treebeard promo have a separate entry here on BGG, as it isn't included with this expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's normal that a promo item has a listing, definitely yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
The cost for collection at Essen is $30 which, for less than 30 cards, 9 figures and 5 dice, seems a tad expensive - or is it just me?

I have included the Treebeard expansion, which is included for Essen pre-order, in my counts.

Somehow the word 'pricey' just doesn't register in my brain when used in the same context as War of the Ring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
.... I understand you already pre-ordered it, so thank you very much, and I hope you will not be disappointed!

Thanks for the reply Roberto - actually I haven't pre-ordered and I think, despite attending Essen this year, that I will wait for retail availability in the hope of a lower price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure the price will be lower than SRP if you buy from online retailers (I see somebdoy is listing the expansion around $ 20) or if you get discounts from your FLGS.
As a publisher, however, we do not suggest a retail price, then sell at a different one the first time it's out in a show!
Of course, the benefit for anybody who DOES preorder is the chance to get Treebeard free of charge (and of corse, be the first ones to get it!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought there was traditionally a little lee-way for publishers selling at conventions below SRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, different publishers have different policies on these matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roberto, is there any update on the issue of a pre-painted set of the expansion for CE edition owners?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chandler
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you detail what the "Treebeard expansion" is/includes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very simple! It's the Trebeard character card + Treebebeard figure. See:
http://www.aresgames.eu/5306
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Fogg
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the unlucky ones of us unable to attend to Essen have the Treebeard promo available from the GeekStore?

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
William_Fogg wrote:
Will the unlucky ones of us unable to attend to Essen have the Treebeard promo available from the GeekStore?

Thank you!

They are awesome and have already arranged this:

The Treebeard character will be available to BoardGameGeek users through the BGG store by the end of October/early November

http://www.aresgames.eu/5306
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.