Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, it's an odd question. I know that this isn't technically required to play, but is this "needed" or at least strongly suggested to have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are intending to play 2 player only then no, you don't need it. Heck, even if you are playing 4 player you don't "need" it, although it would help. I made 4 120 pt books out of 1 core and 1 tome. I don't know how many came from the tome, but there were plenty of cards left over from the Core so I could've probably made due.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Austria
Graz
Steiermark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so in the spell core tome are no new cards just copies? ( i ordered 1 but in the hope to get more new stuff....

nya but copies are okay to^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm sure there are new cards. or at least there are new cards in spell tome 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Gilley
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
In reading the description of the two Spell Tomes on the MWs site, it doesn't seem to me that there are any new cards. There are six cards that they talk about for expanding your library, but of those six, I know that two are already available -- they were used against me a couple of hours ago. :-)

I don't have time right now to go check the other four, but I'm guessing they aren't new cards either. In fact, I hope that they aren't. One of the reasons I appreciate this game is that everyone has the same card set and winning or losing is about skillful use of the cards and not what cards you have. If it starts being about rare cards, my play will be limited to people who don't use them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sterling
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Core Spell tomes (1 and 2) just add copies of existing cards. They do not add new cards.
They add copies of existing spells. Core Tome 1 focuses on more common spells and Core Tome 2 focuses on rares/epics and legendary cards.

They're not "needed" unless you and a friend start clashing on wanted cards for your spellbooks. You can make plenty of them though with the cards in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Bade
United States
Stanwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, can someone make a deck using ONLY the two spell tomes? I realize the board and wizard card would be missing but if your helping friend get into the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.