Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Brettspielblog.net
badge
Visit my blog: www.brettspielblog.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
is there something "new" in the X-Wing or Tie-Fighter Expansionspack that should make me buy them. I got one of each today, but after rethinking about it, it seems just stupid.
It seems more valuable to buy just another core set. I get 3 minatures, + a new Dice Set for 27€, buying just the x-wing and tie-fighter is already 20€ and i am considering to buy another die set, so it would be 27€ + i'd get an x-tra tie mini

so the question is, am i missing something (interesting new cards or charakters) if i give back the two miniatures and get me another core set?
thanks for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sagritalo
United States
Round Lake Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are different pilots and upgrades available in the expansions. Eventually, you will probably want to get at least one of each to get the different pilots. Having said that, if you are just getting into the game and have limited funds, getting two core sets first and then build up makes a lot of sense not only because of the ship to cost ratio but also an extra set of dice and maneuver guides really are an advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Batalla

Barcelona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the point of view... You get new pilots and perks (Cards that are not on the core). For example, for me is a must have to get the xwing expansion due the rebel pilot Wedge Antilles ( the best pilot on galaxy, and he doesnt cheat using the force... or is promoted on weird circunstances...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank B
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought just one core set and one of each expansion. With the new pilots and upgrades, I'd say it's a better value than an extra tie fighter and more dice and markers. A lot of people are saying to buy two core sets, frankly I'd say they are going a bit over-board. If you buy two core sets, the cards and upgrades are useless. Whereas, if you bought the expansions instead, nothing goes to waste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaleb Eubank
United States
Senatobia
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I double-cored for the extra templates, dice, and tokens plus expanding the fleet, and I plan on adding 2 of each of the tie and x-wings to it. 1 For now. Eventual goal is filling both core boxes with the Battlefoam and filling those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We need a separate sub-forum called "What should I buy?"/"What comes in what?" so that these half dozen daily new threads can just go in there instead of all over the front page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want more ships on the table, get another core set.

If you want more customization for squadron building, get the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
We need a separate sub-forum called "What should I buy?"/"What comes in what?" so that these half dozen daily new threads can just go in there instead of all over the front page.

Agreed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never thought i'd say that but the 2nd core set is near mandatory. More dice, templates, ruler, tokens and ships...for a little more than 2 expansions.

Well worth it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
RogueThirteen wrote:

Agreed!

And don't forget the all so-so important _
" This game cost tooo much !!!!! "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did some quick math. I knew I wouldn't be happy getting into the game with just the core and a few blisters. So I doubled up on everything available to date. Now I can put together wide variety of battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matej Dolenc
Slovenia
Škofja Loka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about getting one core set and probably another Y-Wing. Would that be OP for the rebels? If so, I might consider getting also Tie Advanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why not to buy another core set and just proxy the missing pilots? I.e. instead of xtra luke card just put a sticker on it named wedge.
The stats are the same just a different special ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matej Dolenc
Slovenia
Škofja Loka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just feel like I want to have bigger variety of ships so for now I won't consider buying another core set. But in the future it is very likely that I will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H
United States
Lansing
Illinois
flag msg tools
Or am I?
badge
Devious
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have to say my set feels pretty balanced:

2x Core Set
1x X-Wing expansion
1x Tie expansion
2x Y-wing expansion
2x advanced tie expansion

Feels nice and balanced, especially when you have 2 tie advanced out.

Of course, we do play the one unique person per game rule. No twin Vaders on the field, haha. I actually store the duplicates like Luke, Vader, Horton, etc... in the other box along with some extra bags and have it in a closet. My "game" in its entirety is in a plano box, so woo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowski wrote:
Well, I have to say my set feels pretty balanced:

2x Core Set
1x X-Wing expansion
1x Tie expansion
2x Y-wing expansion
2x advanced tie expansion

Feels nice and balanced, especially when you have 2 tie advanced out.

Of course, we do play the one unique person per game rule. No twin Vaders on the field, haha. I actually store the duplicates like Luke, Vader, Horton, etc... in the other box along with some extra bags and have it in a closet. My "game" in its entirety is in a plano box, so woo

That's exactly what I've got (even in a Plano box!) and it does feel like a good, balanced set for a lot of different games. I'm totally happy until Wave 2 arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.