Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Price
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you get the SO daily allownace on the first day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, at the end of the day, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Price
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Anda
Canada
flag msg tools
Hmmmm,

What about the situation card "Rapid Deployment"? It gives you Special Option Points rewards for four days (Day 1 = +6 , Day 2 = +9, Day 3 = +12 Day 4 = +6)

If you get these points at the end of the day you would reward yourself with 6 SO points at the end of day 4 even though the campaign ends after 4 days. Seems like a waste of time to me.

I think you get should get your daily allowance at the beginning of each day. Any rules that can clarify?

My two cents!

Aopy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the relevant snippet of the sequence of play:
* Gain Daily SO points
* Perform Enemy Battlion Movement
* Lose SO Points (Map)

It's definitely not a reward, since you can still lose the game at the end of the final day of a situation if there are enough enemies in the Friendly Rear or Airbase zones. If you are unable to pay the SO points during the Lose SO Points step, the campaign ends in failure. Those SO points of the final day might be just the thing to offset for the possible SO penalties you might be incurring and allow you to keep whatever campaign outcome your VP gives you.

You might also care about the Replacement, Repair, and Priority R&R steps that follow the above sequence snippet if you are playing a linked campaign of 2+ situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Anda
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the quick response and clearing things up for me.

I never really thought about linking campaigns and always figured that by the end of the campaign I'd have all the units in my area destroyed.

Aopy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.