Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
14,100+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the hunt for the Starter Box of Epic 40k. Whilst that is a longshot, it's worth striving for. People either loved or hated this game, with the majority disliking it and the game never really taking off and lasting a whole of 6 months.

I'm after all parts from the Starter Box, though would prefer to buy it all in one lot. I'm after unpainted sprues, dice, rule books, counters, army pads, vehicles, buildings, cardboard scenery and anything else from the box.

I'm also interested in unpainted sprues from the Space Marine, Space Ork & Tyranid boxes. Also interested in the bases from Epic 40k (the long ones, not the Space Marine/Epic ones that were like the 5 side of a common D6).

If you have absolutely anything and are willing to part with it please let me know! I'd prefer to deal with anyone within Australia to keep costs down, but if you're willing to sell at a moderate price I'm happy to purchase from anywhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will see what I can find in my GW misc. box of stuff. I have been playing/collecting Epic since the 90's. If I have something that is worthwile I will get back to you on it. Give me a while...due to travel obligations for work, it will be a week or 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a very patient man, take your time & thanks for the rummage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've picked up the following:

Epic 40k Rule Book
Epic 40k Armies Book
Epic 40k Battles Book
Epic 40k Getting Started guide
Epic 40k Detatchment Cards

Is there anyone who would be able to help me attain a full listing of all contents in the box? Normally it would be on the main game page here but it was never updated by owners when posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tocoking wrote:
Have a look at this thread.

Awesome! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some of the dice now. All I'm really missing is miniatures now. I'd love to hear someone stumble across one of the old armies boxes that they had. They were $15 each and had several sprues of minis in them, coming in Tyranid, Eldar, Space Marine, Space Ork, etc.

I'm just really dying to get this game back in my collection, even if it's in a small part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to eBay. Prepare to go broke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tocoking wrote:
Go to eBay. Prepare to go broke.

Been to eBay a few times. Not prepared to go broke

Hoping to find someone in the community with a dust-settled box or two laying around that isn't wanting to be a profit-monger $75 for one Tyranid Swarm (excluding shipping, mind you) is way over the top!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mohrlock wrote:
Been to eBay a few times. Not prepared to go broke :P

Hoping to find someone in the community with a dust-settled box or two laying around that isn't wanting to be a profit-monger :) $75 for one Tyranid Swarm (excluding shipping, mind you) is way over the top!

Tyranid sprues are among the most expensive. It's rare to see them go for cheap unless someone is trying to move a bulk lot fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Lfseeney
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mark,

I have lots of Epic stuff,

Email me with what armies your looking for.

Lee
Lfseeney at gmail . Com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lfseeney wrote:
Mark,

I have lots of Epic stuff,

Email me with what armies your looking for.

Lee
Lfseeney at gmail . Com

I'll contact you soon Lee! Thanks for answering this thread. Hopefully you can help me out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A.
United States
Snellville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a bunch of epic 40k stuff I am trying to get rid of as well, is there something like a Scrye for out of print miniatures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
allgood347 wrote:
I have a bunch of epic 40k stuff I am trying to get rid of as well, is there something like a Scrye for out of print miniatures?

Not that I am aware of. When I was putting my Epic armies together, it didn't take me too long to get a sense of what the market prices were for most things.

It's worth noting that if you are trying to get good prices for your stuff, separate listing is the only way to go. A couple of years back, when I was actively looking for a lot of different miniatures, I came across a couple of lots that I was able to pick up cheap simply because the seller tried to offload their stuff in bulk. I was then able to turn a profit on those purchases by picking out the choice bits I wanted to keep and listing the rest as many separate lots on eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
Mohrlock wrote:
$75 for one Tyranid Swarm (excluding shipping, mind you) is way over the top!

Tyranid sprues are among the most expensive. It's rare to see them go for cheap unless someone is trying to move a bulk lot fast.

It would be cruel of me to mention the price that GW were trying to shift these for in the dying days of Epic40k. I have a pretty large collection of Tyranids thanks to that final fire sale, which one day I will complete the painting of. I ended up with relatively few Tyranid "vehicles", but the infantry sprues were sold off extra cheap (something to do with there being fewer of them on each sprue than the other races; whether there actually were fewer I don't know, but I did end up with twice as many as I thought that I was paying for).

I saw a stand at the UK Games Expo selling what I thought were Epic40k miniatures; on closer inspection, they were non-GW models, but they had me taking a second look. So there might be some merit in going for a third party manufacturer.

Now you have me wondering if I completed my SM figures; I'm pretty sure that I had half a chapter painted up, but cannot now recall if I did all the extra little bits like bikes and terminators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still looking for these parts. Looking at some prices (Lee wanted $60 for 3 Rhinos and a Landraider) I may not be able to get a whole Starter Set completed, but hopefully a few sprues of Orks/SMs/Tyranid eventually.

Is there any chance you'd part with any Tyranid sprues, Richard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to have a root around to see what I've got and can spare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
I'll have to have a root around to see what I've got and can spare.

Thanks mate, really appreciate it! Even if you could just spare one I'd be over the moon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A.
United States
Snellville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've got 95% of the starter set that I'm prepping to list currently. That would only be SM and Ork stuff, but if you want to PM me, feel free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.