Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I'm late to the party or missing the obvious, but this seems to have come out last year, yet I can't find it anywhere. Does it exist in U.S. store?

I'll assume the answer is "no", but can anybody clue me in on what's going on? Is it slated for a release, or is the company distributing this experiencing some misfortune?

I own Antike, but it never gets played. Having a two player version would be ideal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walther Gerdts
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be published in Essen this year. What you got last year was only a "handmade" version in a roll where you needed game material from Antike.
Now everything comes in the box: double sided board with 2 scenarios, rules, and all necessary pieces.
Duellum is not just an expansion, I can promise you that it plays quite differently!
enjoy,
Mac
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MacGerdts wrote:
It will be published in Essen this year. What you got last year was only a "handmade" version in a roll where you needed game material from Antike.
Now everything comes in the box: double sided board with 2 scenarios, rules, and all necessary pieces.
Duellum is not just an expansion, I can promise you that it plays quite differently!
enjoy,
Mac

Thank you very much. I have to dig up some previews or overviews on the changes, but is it still possible to eschew military conflict and attempt to win through other means? I presume so, but just wanted to clarify.

All that aside, thanks again for the prompt reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walther Gerdts
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As in Antike, there are different ways to win the game with the usual kings, scholars, citizens, generals and navigators.

But for a 2 player game, things had to be balanced out quite differently, and arming has become more costly (you first have to recruit your units with gold, before you can arm them with iron).
One important change is the introduction 25 event cards, which enter the horizon in a different order every game, so that no game develops like the other. An element of luck? Rather not, it is more an additional layer of strategy and tactics, because YOU determine when your opponent can choose a card, 3 of them always available, and you see which cards your opponent can choose from at the moment. Another important change: YOU decide what your cities will produce, therefore in one game Syracus may produce gold, in the next game marble...

To answer your question: Military is important, but in most cases will not be enough. The feeling of developing a civilization is quite strong.

Mac
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Harengel
Germany
Greven
Münsterland
flag msg tools
this geek loves strategy games
badge
this is an old photography of the young man
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to get the mounted board alone, as a kind of second upgrade kit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walther Gerdts
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HHarengel wrote:

No, that would make no sense. You also need additional fortresses for the cities, you need city tokens to show what is produced there, you need 25 event cards, and there are new short rules you would like to have.
Duellum is not like Imperial 2030 (for Imperial), or Lisboa/Antverpia (for Hamburgum). It really is a new game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Any idea on when we will see a US release/distribution of this title?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thoia wrote:

This is what I want to know as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dumpty wrote:
thoia wrote:

This is what I want to know as well!

Same here! Also thanks for weighing in, Mac. It's great to get information from the designer himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H Harengel
Germany
Greven
Münsterland
flag msg tools
this geek loves strategy games
badge
this is an old photography of the young man
mbmbmbmbmb
MacGerdts wrote:
HHarengel wrote:

No, that would make no sense. You also need additional fortresses for the cities, you need city tokens to show what is produced there, you need 25 event cards, and there are new short rules you would like to have.
Duellum is not like Imperial 2030 (for Imperial), or Lisboa/Antverpia (for Hamburgum). It really is a new game!

I understand, Duellum is not like Antike, but is it like last years Casus Belli?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monger Romain
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No pre-order ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paul troke
United Kingdom
hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
The Beatles Live at the BBC
mbmbmbmbmb
i thought antike was going to be reprinted as well
any news on this
be nice to have them both
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin W
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Sprechen Sie Talk?
mbmbmbmbmb
So how oes one go about getting ths if not ong o Essen??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.