Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Kimerer

San Francisco
California
msg tools
badge
mbmb
Hello,

So in our game it came up that there were 2 very lucky barrage rolls. Both of them eliminated the units in the hex. Two questions:

1. The first one eliminated the only unit in a city hex. The adjacent combat units could not 'attack' and move into the empty hex when the barrage result was complete / during the attack phase, correct?

2. The second attack eliminated 1 defending unit but left a wagon loaded with 1T (2a, barrages don't affect the transport points -- correct?). During combat phase is the attacker is able to attack Transport Points (by the reading of 9.14c I thought no, but looking for clarification).

I suppose this doesn't happen very often, but bonus question, would people with more experience than us have put Reserve markers on units adjacent for attacking purposes so you'd have the option to move in if the unit was eliminated?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
England
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
scaster wrote:
would people with more experience than us have put Reserve markers on units adjacent for attacking purposes so you'd have the option to move in if the unit was eliminated?

You can't put a unit into reserve mode if it's in an ezoc (5.7c). I guess you could put it into reserve mode while the unit is one hex away and then move to be adjacent with it's quarter MA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Cameron
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the series rule options "Attacking empties" exists to address the anomaly that occurs when a barrage is 'too successful'.

But the best way (as always in OCS) is contingency planning - having something nearby in reserve if taking that hex this turn is especially important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
England
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gunny3014 wrote:
I usually air barrage the hexes I have reserve units prepped and ready to exploit. The hexes I really wanna breech. With those DG results its a snap (most of the time) and when I get that ELIM die roll, its simply a drive trough the flaming mess left behind. All the Elim result means is I save a bit of supply.

I've got sooo much to learn with these games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Kimerer

San Francisco
California
msg tools
badge
mbmb
Just to verify since I don't think it was spelled out in anyones response: You cannot attack a hex with just Truck Points in it, correct?

Just wanted to make sure we are playing it right.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malcolm C wrote:
One of the series rule options "Attacking empties" exists to address the anomaly that occurs when a barrage is 'too successful'.

It really shouldn't be an optional rule. Use it. Always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.