Popular Tags: [View All]
Boardgame Bjornis
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Somehow, this bring back memories from the old 80ies computer game from Sierra; "Police Quest". Is it a analog version of the computer classic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole Steiness
Denmark
Herlev
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, yes, I have fond memories of that game, too.

Is the game an analogue version of that? Definately yes and certainly not :-)

I am giving an ambiguous answer because the game is inspired by everything police from the media - everything I grew up with. Just like you, I would guess, I have enjoyed an incredible amount of cop games and series throughout the years, but I had yet to play a board game for adults about the topic.

I want to be the clever investigator, the brave street cop or the coolminded Chief... or even a dirty cop. So I made a board game that had all the nice components that I loved about police work (fictional or not).

I have heard playtesters say that they clearly see some inspiration from the TV series The Wire in the game, which I am glad to hear... especially since I have never seen that show! - it just shows what people think about and enjoy, when they play with this well-known theme.

If I am to dig a bit, I think my main influence is actually a mix of investigation TV series (The Closer and CSI, just to pick a few recent ones), cop shows (Top Cops, or Cops, the docu-soap) and to some degree board games like Pandemic, Fortune And Glory and Battlestar Galactica - but that is just the gameplay style, not the theme :-)

So, I have mixed and refined ideas from lots of sources, and hopefully mixed into a nice stew, with its very own gameplay and flavour...

Cheers,

Ole Steiness,
Game Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.