Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)

By summoning a Deamonette Slaanesh takes control of an enemy cultist. Then, if Slaanesh wants to to move 'that' mind-controlled cultist to an adjacent region, I imagine 2 things may happen:
1) Slaanesh moves the mind-controlled enemy cultist to an adjacent region (spending 1 Slaanesh's power points?). Since the Deamonette is not moved (and it is her who controls the enemy cultist), the cultist is no longer under Slaanesh's control (but it has already been moved, as Slaanesh wished).
2) Slaanesh spends 2 PP to move his Deamonette to an adjacent region. The mind-controlled enemy cultist moves with her, so is still under Slaanesh's control.

Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont think you can move a controlled cultist that way, since moving units is actually re-sumoning them from a region to an adjacent region, and you can only sumon your own units...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
mbmbmbmbmb
You control the cultist until the end of the turn, no other conditions apply. No need for the warrior to be in the region, or to stay with the cultist. It's effectively Slaanesh's cultist for that turn (just like the original Chaos card Soporific Musk).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haggis wrote:
You control the cultist until the end of the turn, no other conditions apply. No need for the warrior to be in the region, or to stay with the cultist. It's effectively Slaanesh's cultist for that turn (just like the original Chaos card Soporific Musk).

But with Soporific Musk it's clear (it's Slaanesh itself who controls the cultist).
On this card it states to put the cultist next to the Deamonette... so thematically I understand it as "as long as the Deamonette is in the same region as the cultist, she can mind-control the cultist". So it is the Deamonette who controls the cultist, not Slaanesh.

In the same way, and from my point of view, if the Deamonette was killed then the cultist would no longer be under mind-control.
From your point of view, with the Deamonette killed, the cultist would still be under mind-control.

I believe both interpretations (yours and mine) are possible...

I would like to be referenced to a peace of text (FAQ or rules) that clarifies this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Mestre dos Magos wrote:
I dont think you can move a controlled cultist that way, since moving units is actually re-sumoning them from a region to an adjacent region, and you can only sumon your own units...

AT first i was going to say yes.. then I read this post. I believe he may be right. You can only summon your own. But then since move/summon are used interchangeably it could be argued either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dharzen wrote:
Haggis wrote:

But with Soporific Musk it's clear (it's Slaanesh itself who controls the cultist).
On this card it states to put the cultist next to the Deamonette... so thematically I understand it as "as long as the Deamonette is in the same region as the cultist, she can mind-control the cultist". So it is the Deamonette who controls the cultist, not Slaanesh.

In the same way, and from my point of view, if the Deamonette was killed then the cultist would no longer be under mind-control.
From your point of view, with the Deamonette killed, the cultist would still be under mind-control.

I believe both interpretations (yours and mine) are possible...

I would like to be referenced to a peace of text (FAQ or rules) that clarifies this point.

It's only placed next to the Daemonette as a reminder (as stated on the card). There is no requirement to stay with the Daemonette.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dharzen wrote:

That is all thematic fluff which is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Dharzen wrote:
On this card it states to put the cultist next to the Deamonette

As a reminder. Just like Soporific Musk says to place the converted Cultist on the card as a reminder. The FAQ goes on to say the cultist can be summoned away just like normal. The same applies to the Daemonette upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Schuster
Germany
Bretten
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no rule or reason that keeps you from resummoning figures you control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, fine, you've almost convinced me
(We've only played twice with the expansion, and in our last game I controlled Slaanesh and I chose such upgrade, that is, I wanted it to be powerful but some discussion arose on the table on that matter, agreeing to the point that I'm defending here).

My last shot to defend my position is that it is a Deamonette upgrade (not a Slaanesh update) so, again, thematically (which is relevant for me in such a game), the deamonette is not as powerful as her god (Slaanesh) so her mind-control power is limited to the region she is in.

On the other side, the cost of doing what I'm defending is extremely high: 2PP to summon the Deamonette + 2PP to move the cultist (if that is what Slaanesh player wants).

Thanks for your help. As I see the general opinion is that a mind-controlled cultist (by the Deamonette) keeps his brain washed throughout the whole turn (even if moved away from the Deamonette or if the Deamonette is killed). We will be applying this in the future.

Thanks everyone for the answers laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Corn
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dharzen wrote:
On the other side, the cost of doing what I'm defending is extremely high: 2PP to summon the Deamonette + 2PP to move the cultist (if that is what Slaanesh player wants).

Glad we could help.

Why the +2 to move the cultist though? The Slaanesh player can move the new cultist just like a normal Slaanesh cultist, with the normal adjacency requirements that the Slaanesh player has (not the original cultist's color).

Also -- and this may spawn another discussion -- per the FAQ on Soporific Musk, an upgraded controlled cultist still retains the "physical" properties of the old god's upgrade and does not gain the Slaanesh cultist upgrade if active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This situation sounds a lot like Soporific Musk, which is covered in the FAQ:

Quote:
Q: When you control an enemy Cultist using the Slaanesh card “Soporific Musk,” can you resummon the controlled Cultist to another region?

A: Yes, the Slaanesh player can summon the controlled Cultist to another region. If the Cultist is summoned to another region, it remains under the influence of the “Soporific Musk.” The controlled figure should be marked in some way to make sure everyone knows the figure is still under control of the Slaanesh player until the end of the turn.

My group typically uses a spare dial advancement token as the marker for a controlled Cultist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haggis wrote:
Dharzen wrote:

Glad we could help.

Why the +2 to move the cultist though? ...

Because the point I was defending at the beginning was that the enemy cultist was only mind-controlled in the presence of the Deamonette, and he would follow the Deamonette.
So, if Slaanesh wanted to move that cultist to an adjacent area to corrupt there in Slaanesh's name, then Slaanesh would have to move the Deamonette (the cultist would follow).
Anyway, forget it, just too complicated shake snore

It's easier to believe that the summoning of the Deamonette next to an enemy cultist washes it's brain until the end of turn (no matter if the Deamonette stays with him or dies).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sulat
United Kingdom
Dundee
- Choose a State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a sidebar on page 14 of the rules that explains that you are not bound by reminder effects. I.e. if you find it easier you are allowed to place a coin or token under a cultist to show it is possessed. Placing the figure next to the Daemonette is just a suggestion moving one or the other has no effect on the possession.

The upgrade card is quite clear that the possession lasts until the end of the turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks, I'll have a look at it.
Much clearer now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.