Risk: Balance of Power» Forums » Rules

Subject: Game 3 question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blazing Apostle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In game 3, one of the objective tiles is " gain control of the green region" and yet the set up gives this region to the red player at start. Is this an error? or does the player gaining control of the red armies take this tile at start of the game? Seems a bit odd to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is definitely an error in the printing, and it most probably should have read 'Gain control of the Orange Region' instead.

I can only point you to this post:

Quote:
Two considerable problems with the production have been discussed on the forums. In the Canadian edition at least, the first page of the rules is missing (it can be downloaded from BGG). And there are one or two mis-prints or just poor edits through the rest of the rule-set. In particular, scenario Three grants a free "Green Region" objective to red right at setup. I'm sure that "Green Region" was meant to be "Orange Region." This would create perfect parity between Blue's situation on his western front and Red's on his eastern, and it would encourage advancement toward the otherwise obscure "Eliminate the Neutrals" objective. If this isn't the case then the layout of the central European theatre is a remarkable co-incidence.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/775150/a-classic-attains-uni...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blazing Apostle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everso for that..thought it was wrong and will correct accordingly.meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.