Waverly
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer fantasy, sci-fi, or post apoc
I like miniature games...
Should be solo-playable

Any suggestions?

I'm very new to the whole pnp concept, and have looked at some geek lists, but am still not 100% sure what I would find fun, and even though it is a few dollars usually, paying for a game I'd hate would be sad.

One that looks interesting is song of blades and heroes with the solo variants available...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert (Bob) Miller Sr
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Song of Blades and Heroes, next two are expansions Song of Wind and Water, Song of Gold and Darkness, Historical to Modern fire arms rules Flying Lead, SciFi/Futuristic Mutants and Death Ray Guns

Can be downloaded here and more info

http://www.ganeshagames.net/index.php

Plus others.

You can use any minis you have. I really like this system. Very good to solo play. Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 words: Shadow Agent

Miniatures: check
PnP: check
Solo: check
Sci-fi: sort of.. It's modern, with some scifi elements
Fun: double-check

And it placed second in the 2012 PnP solitaire contest (among placing in specific categories)

Plus the files won't be available for long, so get it while its free (and remember to report the outcome)

In short, it's the boardgame version of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can give Utopia Engine a try. It fits right in the fantasy/sci-fi/post apocalyptic genre (my favorites as well) and it is very easy to make. Just print two black-and-white pages and you're done. It plays in less than 30 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not fantasy, sci-fi, or post apocalyptic, but I may as well shill it :

Inspector Moss: House Arrest - winner of the 2011 Solitaire Print and Play Contest

You might find something from the contest that takes your fancy in the genre that you're looking for. There are some really good pnp solo games to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There was also a 2012 Solitaire Print and Play Contest. My own entry (surprise), Hyperminer, and Blaster Waves are two of the entries that spring to mind as fun and sci fi. (Hyperminer will hopefully have a database entry in a week or two, but is available for download in the thread).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R T
Portugal
LX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Infantry
Everything you want, and if you like it, you can buy it, because it's so good that a company decided to produce it.
The manual, and at least one mission is still free, and if you lurk around you may find some old files from PnP times, and independent contributions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.