Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played last night, our first game and using Second Edition rules. LOVED the game but we couldn't decide if it ended immediately, at the end of the round, or at the end of the interest phase. We decided "immediately" due to the fact it seems like it would reward clever card order placement but I wanted to get the "real" way to do it.

Here is what both 1e and 2e rulebook states.

"In game terms, the first player to reach 10 Prestige without having
any debt wins the game. "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Version 1 of the rules states (Page 11)

"The first player who has 10 Prestige without having any loans on the loan display immediately wins the game"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seghillian wrote:
Version 1 of the rules states (Page 11)

"The first player who has 10 Prestige without having any loans on the loan display immediately wins the game"

Awesome, thanks! I picked apart the 2e book and even did a PDF search for the word "immediately" and couldn't find it anywhere tied to victory. I then looked at 1e rulebook and it looked to me verbatim(so I'll check when I get home...possibly there are more than 1 version the the first edition rulebook?). Anyways, that will definitely make our victor proud to know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wells

Gilbert
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm asking the question again. The designer specifically removed the word "immediately" from 2nd rules so is it still immediate or not (when)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Pont
Switzerland
Geneva
Geneva
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, it has to be immediate yes, in order to avoid draws.

So when any player gets his 10th Prestige and has no loan, he wins. Or, when any player with 10 Prestige or more pays back all his loans, he wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.