9 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » Variants

Subject: Category Expansion "Weakness" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ginsu Pup
msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
So I was thinking, With the new bonus cards adding a draft category that gives each player a power for the game, a great addition would be Weaknesses to the draft. So does anyone have good idea's for weakness cards that could be used in the draft setting? I like the idea of lots of draft choices as it tends to make that element of the game more interesting and important (it's already quite the madhouse to make good combo choices.)

I was thinking:

Unpopular: At the end of your turn if you control only 1 army in a City territory. Destroy that army. (Meaning you must keep 2 or more units in each city to settle civil unrest)

Bad Boats: Each time you attack or move troops across a sea line you lose 1 troop.

Poor Recruitment: All Continent bonuses you receive are -1.

Wasteful: When you turn in coins for armies treat the number of coins as 1 less.

Homeless: You do not start with an HQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: New Draft Category Expansion "Weakness"
Those are great. How many games have you played so far? How many packs have you opened?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it! Some are a bit less interesting than others, but they're all useful.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to up the number to 7 though. Just because of all those houserules for playing with all the army men...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zap Riecken
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would change the title of your post as it reveals the content of a portion of the game that isn't known at the beginning of the game.

Outside of that I like the idea. Can you come up with more of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ginsu Pup
msg tools
I kind of came up with these on the fly but sure! I was hoping to get some input from people on when to include them or which ones were good/bad.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Isolated: You may not place your HQ in a continent that already has another player in it.

Poor Construction: You do not benefit from Bunkers.

Wide Spread: You my only place up to 3 units in each territory during recruitment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ginsu Pup
msg tools
August222 wrote:
Those are great. How many games have you played so far? How many packs have you opened?

I have not played with these before, It was only an idea. our group is still fairly new to the game so the basic stuff is still fun for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the ideas are certainly sound. I'd love to hear more about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel greene
Canada
flag msg tools
Would a simple one be "reduce your cash-in value by 1 coin"?

or

"You start with zero missiles"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first idea is good. The second... I'd reduce by one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.