Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Gorniak
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
I've received some descriptions already, but I thought I'd ask here too: Is it worth going to VCON this Friday/weekend purely to spend a half day or full day in the games room? Have people gone in previous years? Are folks going this year? Especially, is it worth it going Friday at noon (I happen to have the day off), or will there be nobody gaming yet?

http://www.vcon.ca/vcon37/things-to-do/games-room

Thanks,
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael zalter
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year I went to VCON just on the Friday. I spent nearly the whole day in the games room from about 1 pm to 9 pm. Some people brought their favourite games with them to play. There was also a small games library. Several tables were hosted and there were free tables as well.

I had a great time. People were friendly and it was easy to join in and play games with strangers.

I am planning on being there on Friday from about 1 pm. I may also show up on Sat and/or Sun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also visit us in the dealer's room.

There's generally at least 5 - 7 people I know of who turn up to the gaming room on Friday. They bring their own copies and the gaming library has slowly been growing as we contribute games to it over the last few years. It's pretty cool and a good way to get some gaming in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went last year strictly for games and had a great time. I knew no one but everyone was pretty amiable. I'd love to go again this year but my finances say otherwise.

(I also wish it was back in Richmond this year.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gorniak
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome, sounds like I'll even know some people. See you there Friday, Michael and Tao, and presumably others. I'll maybe a be there a weekend day, too.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be there hosting a game table, bringing my own (portable) library of about 30 different games, demoing and playing whatever comes along. I also have 3 other minions who will be running at the table as well. I'm hosting as a Steve Jackson MIB, but I won't be running SJG exclusively.

Starlit will have their library, as well as M3 Gamers and Gottacon.

In previous years, gaming doesn't REALLY warm up for a few hours, but then it's steady, 20-50 people in there gaming pretty much non-stop around the clock.

I probably won't be in gaming right at noon... I'm also assisting IRL Events in setting up their Console Gaming Room (also great fun, including overnight), but I should be up and running by 4pm, and there till nearly midnight.

This will be my 4th Vcon, and all 4 of them I have spent all of my time in the games room (with brief stops in Dealers to buy something from Starlit Citadel)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Fraser
msg tools
I definitely recommend showing up for at least one of the days; I'll be hosting a table this year as well, and I had a lot of fun last year.

I'll be bringing Kingdom Builder, Race, Galaxy Trucker, Castles of Burgundy, and a handful of other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gorniak
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
I meant to post this earlier, but for posterity:

I went on the Friday and had a great time. Got a good game of Galaxy Trucker in with Michael and others, then an awesome game of Castles of Burgundy with Colin and Michael - I need to buy that one. Thanks guys!

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael zalter
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Peter mentioned, I was there on Friday. I was also there on Saturday. Yeah both Galaxy Trucker and Castles of Burgundy were awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.