Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So for these future releases of the Millennium Falcon and Slave I, any idea on the pilots they'll include? (besides Han Solo and Boba Fett)
Maybe Lando? Maybe Chewbacca as an upgrade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Sulustan perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Ciuffreda
United States
East norriton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jango maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aj roscetti
United States
niagara falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if there is a Jango card i'm gonna Legacy it in half and burn it for sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3565
"The Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack for the Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game allows players to blast through hyperspace with Han, Chewie, Lando, Nien Nunb, and more."

tlee33 wrote:

There's no mabye about thouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wondering the same thing - MF has the benefit of a few canonical pilots, but Slave I - there'll be Boba Fett, and, I dunno... We'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JoonYoungK wrote:
Jango maybe?

Considering he died before any of the current line up of ships whee even invented I doubt it strongly. Allso, Boba is Jangos clone, so they'd be pretty much identical any way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Heiser
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smuggler wrote:

tlee33 wrote:

There's no mabye about thouse.

I wonder if we'll be able to use two pilots at the same time for the Millennium Falcon. Han and Chewie with two shots per attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dukehockey wrote:
if there is a Jango card i'm gonna Legacy it in half and burn it for sure

That made me laugh hard. "Legacy it in half" is brilliant. I'm going to add that to my BGG-speak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Graffam
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Smuggler wrote:
Allso, Boba is Jangos clone, so they'd be pretty much identical any way

Good catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Graffam
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:

From the Slave I promo shot, there's "Gunner" upgrade with a mean-looking Wookiee. It doesn't look like Chewie to me, but he might serve the same role on the Falcon. I think it'd be cool if there were a different character image on each Gunner card, even if their function is identical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slave 1 was also piloted by Gjon and Aura Sing at different points in its history.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Burke
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
Part Owner, Gen Con Games Library
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the Slave I a Skipray blastboat? (goes to Wookieepedia) Hmmm, close, it's a Firespray 31-class patrol ship... so I'll bet that it'll include pilot stats for a "generic" Firespray 31, not just the Slave I. Same way that the TIE advanced has pilots other than Vader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My prediction:

YT-1300:
Han (Falcon)[9]
Lando (Falcon)[7]
Generic YT-1300 / Named YT-1300 [5]
Generic YT-1300 [1]

Chewbacca, Nien Numb, and generic co-pilot/gunner as upgrade options

Firespray:
Boba Fett (Slave 1) [9]
Jango Fett (Slave 1) [7]
Generic Firespray / Named Firespray [5]
Generic Firespray [1]

I wonder if the YT-1300 and Firespray will have different icons for Co-Pilot/Gunner upgrades. If not, I wonder if there will be any way of preventing Boba Fett from having Chewbacca/Numb as a Co-Pilot/Gunner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quoting Fantasy Flight:

"Fly the legendary Millennium Falcon into fast-paced battles for the fate of the galaxy! The Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack for the Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game allows players to blast through hyperspace with Han, Chewie, Lando, Nien Nunb, and more.

The Millennium Falcon isn’t just any YT-1300. It is easily one of the most iconic and recognizable starships of all time, and it comes with four pilot cards, fourteen upgrades, and all requisite tokens. New rules expand the X-Wing galaxy to include unique starfighters, ships with larger bases, turret weapons, faction specific upgrades, and special modifications. With its new rules, pilots, and lovingly detailed miniature, the Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack is a beautiful addition to the X-Wing game!"

They are less generous with info on Slave:

"Originally intended as a prisoner transport, the Firespray-31 gained notoriety through association with some of the galaxy’s most fearsome pirates and bounty hunters, including the infamous Boba Fett. Just like Fett, the Slave I Expansion Pack for X-Wing is full of deadly surprises.

The Slave I Expansion Pack allows players to take advantage of the Firespray’s versatile armament and heavy armor plating, as well as a host of lethal new upgrades. Imperial players can choose to arm this starfighter with a range of missiles, ion cannons, heavy laser cannons, and bombs. Slave I comes with a detailed miniature, four pilot cards, thirteen upgrades, and all requisite tokens. New rules and a new mission further expand your games of X-Wing!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked this and the Y-Wing up last weekend. I am SO wanting the Falcon... Damn you, FF...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sockmerchant wrote:
Quoting Fantasy Flight:

"Fly the legendary Millennium Falcon into fast-paced battles for the fate of the galaxy! The Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack for the Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game allows players to blast through hyperspace with Han, Chewie, Lando, Nien Nunb, and more.

The Millennium Falcon isn’t just any YT-1300. It is easily one of the most iconic and recognizable starships of all time, and it comes with four pilot cards, fourteen upgrades, and all requisite tokens. New rules expand the X-Wing galaxy to include unique starfighters, ships with larger bases, turret weapons, faction specific upgrades, and special modifications. With its new rules, pilots, and lovingly detailed miniature, the Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack is a beautiful addition to the X-Wing game!"

They are less generous with info on Slave:

"Originally intended as a prisoner transport, the Firespray-31 gained notoriety through association with some of the galaxy’s most fearsome pirates and bounty hunters, including the infamous Boba Fett. Just like Fett, the Slave I Expansion Pack for X-Wing is full of deadly surprises.

The Slave I Expansion Pack allows players to take advantage of the Firespray’s versatile armament and heavy armor plating, as well as a host of lethal new upgrades. Imperial players can choose to arm this starfighter with a range of missiles, ion cannons, heavy laser cannons, and bombs. Slave I comes with a detailed miniature, four pilot cards, thirteen upgrades, and all requisite tokens. New rules and a new mission further expand your games of X-Wing!"

After hearing about the pilots, I'm more excited about getting the falcon. I'm iffy on the Slave I. it's not quite as theme related since it never really fought against the rebels and wasn't really an imperial ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Heiser
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:

After hearing about the pilots, I'm more excited about getting the falcon. I'm iffy on the Slave I. it's not quite as theme related since it never really fought against the rebels and wasn't really an imperial ship.

Maybe it's the beginning of a "Privateers" faction...arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jburke98 wrote:
Isn't the Slave I a Skipray blastboat? (goes to Wookieepedia) Hmmm, close, it's a Firespray 31-class patrol ship... so I'll bet that it'll include pilot stats for a "generic" Firespray 31, not just the Slave I. Same way that the TIE advanced has pilots other than Vader.

Nowhere even close. The two ships are completely different.

I could see other bounty hunters. There was a time when Fett worked with Zuckuss(the Bounty Hunter trilogy books), so I could see maybe 4LOM or Zuckuss as side kick co-pilots/gunners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do like the look of the slave better... Though, I will end up with both, no question.

I do like that they mention extra missions with the slave. Will definitely be happy with more of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony walters
msg tools
mbmbmb
Didn't he work with Dengar in those books...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh dear. I do believe this thread has gone full nerd...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't even own this game, yet ...
but f course I'll get Slave I

nno questions asked, even if that's all I can find

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. G.
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there *is* another Skywalker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.