Popular Tags: [View All]
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is open only to the Dark Champions NYC Team. Players in the Boston and DC teams may not read or post here!

NEW YORK CITY Team:
bwt2q
NickAnner
lvoverride
ElAdoranSureShot
Vox_Dargard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

NEW YORK CITY MISSION

One would think that after the horror stories of going into Central Park after dark, no one would be foolish enough to actually do it - much less alone, and certainly not a forty year old female banking manager. But that's exactly what Astoundo observed one night when his act was over. Never mind why he saw her disappear into the park; it's enough to know that she volunteered to join him on stage that night for his act. She was very pliant to his magic and hypnosis act, even seemed to be flirting with him while on stage. In his defense, she looked a fair bit like Kim Catrall, so who can blame him for wanting to find out more about her? He watched her get in a cab, and coaxed a cab driver of his own to follow the other cab. Before long the cab dropped her off near the north-west corner of the park, and that's when Astoundo saw her plunge into the park. He tried to follow her, but she had quite disappeared, and he realized that he might be in over his head if he went further.

Eight nights later, walking up along the western side of Central Park, he saw her again. He waved to her, but she clearly didn't notice; she once again took a turn into the park and disappeared. Now Astoundo knew something was up; he checked his watch, and sure enough, it was right around the same time he'd seen her go into the park eight days before.

He kept an eye on the park at night the following week, and as expected, she showed up eight days later, on the north-east side again, well after dark and long after it was safe to be alone in the park.

Maybe it's nothing, of course; maybe this blond bombshell is just insane and somehow has managed to walk through the park unscathed every time. But that seems unlikely. Whatever is going on here warrants some investigation.

Your mission therefore is to:

- Watch for Astoundo's mystery woman and shadow her into the park

- Find out where she's going and, if anything, what she's doing

- Don't get caught.

Not a problem, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Johnny Sprocket walks into the main operations area wearing layer upon layer of tattered cloth, "Woman goes into Central Park alone at night? Runs the risk of Lord knows what kind of dangers? Job for Johnny Sprocket, no?" Johnny pulls a rattling grocery cart heaped with random goods from behind him, "Johnny Sprocket, barely noticeable indigent. One of you can survey the park using the satellite link, and of course you can keep tabs on my location through my watch's GPS location. I'll never be out of touch with our encrypted radio communications. I've got her covered... Johnny Sprocket!"

OOC: I have Shadowing, and Stealth, but no disguise. I do have conversation and persuasion though should I need to talk my way out if I'm spotted. Anyone have better suggestions? Is anyone either equally skilled or capable as a helo pilot? Air support wouldn't be unwelcome in this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vox_Dargard wrote:
Johnny Sprocket walks into the main operations area wearing layer upon layer of tattered cloth, "Woman goes into Central Park alone at night? Runs the risk of Lord knows what kind of dangers? Job for Johnny Sprocket, no?" Johnny pulls a rattling grocery cart heaped with random goods from behind him, "Johnny Sprocket, barely noticeable indigent. One of you can survey the park using the satellite link, and of course you can keep tabs on my location through my watch's GPS location. I'll never be out of touch with our encrypted radio communications. I've got her covered... Johnny Sprocket!"

OOC: I have Shadowing, and Stealth, but no disguise. I do have conversation and persuasion though should I need to talk my way out if I'm spotted. Anyone have better suggestions? Is anyone either equally skilled or capable as a helo pilot? Air support wouldn't be unwelcome in this situation.

Already liking the thinking of the players.

As for disguise - that's not actually something you need unless you actually need to disguise yourself as someone specific that other people would recognize, or disguise yourself so people can't recognize you beneath the disguise. Simply posing as a homeless park dweller, when theoretically no one is going to know the man beneath the disguise, is fairly trivial. (Note of course that any "hunted" or "watched" will probably recognize you even under your layers of grime - keep in mind for future.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Christopher Stoops (once known as Stupendo) watches the lone woman as she makes her way into the park. "This city's not what once was--there's no way she'll make it through the park unharmed at this hour. And yet she does! Every night! Something doesn't add up here."

------

"Johnny, keep an eye out for gangbangers and hooligans while you're in there. If they've decided to abandon easy targets in Central Park I want to know what they're up to instead. And if this woman has cut some sort of deal with them--well, that's definitely worth investigating. I'm going to go where I last saw her exiting the park and see if I can spot her from the other side."

(OOC: Kima, I wrote up some background for my character but forgot to send it via geekmail; I'll get it to you soon.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Anner
United States
Your Base
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll wait in the van, modern heavy body armor is a bit of an attention grabber. Call me in for backup if you need to crack some heads, or to get into someplace like a secret hideout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OOC: Anyone heard from BWT or LV? should I geekmail them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Key: Totally Bouse
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm around but my character's not ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Likewise. I am hoping to make my character today.

I will likely be able to provide some "eyes" for this - I've been thinking I will have some surveillance capability, although I'm going to keep the method to myself for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Anner
United States
Your Base
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This van is getting boring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please remember to BOLD anything you actually want to take action on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Anner
United States
Your Base
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:

Are we running orders in thread?

hold action in van

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NickAnner wrote:
kimapesan wrote:

Are we running orders in thread?

hold action in van

Yes... for the most part. If there are actions you want to keep hidden from everyone else, then put those in your orders chat in the sub-thread. Otherwise put your orders here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Stoops heads around to the northeast side of the park where he saw the woman exit last time. After once he's certain he's found the location, he'll stroll through, reversing her route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Stoops heads around to the northeast side of the park where he saw the woman exit last time. After once he's certain he's found the location, he'll stroll through, reversing her route.

As it is dark, and will be even darker in the park, what source of light or extra sight are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please see announcement in main thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Johnny layers himself in ragged muddied clothing, topping the amateur disguise off with a deep hood on an heavy unwashed hoodie. Entering the park a bit before the woman he waits off the pathway and uses a combination of shadowing, stealth, nightsight goggles, and Wolf's Ears he parallels the woman's route through the park.

Stoops, actually, if I provide a tracking bug do you think you could plant it on her with some sleight of hand? Seems like a magician-y type thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vox_Dargard wrote:
Johnny layers himself in ragged muddied clothing, topping the amateur disguise off with a deep hood on an heavy unwashed hoodie. Entering the park a bit before the woman he waits off the pathway and uses a combination of shadowing, stealth, nightsight goggles, and Wolf's Ears he parallels the woman's route through the park.

Stoops, actually, if I provide a tracking bug do you think you could plant it on her with some sleight of hand? Seems like a magician-y type thing.

Was about to start write-ups but I'll let Stoops answer this first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take a regular flashlight into the park. I'm just out for an evening stroll; I don't expect anything weird to be going on.

I will take the tracker and attempt to plant it on the woman (or another viable target) if I get a chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
I'll take a regular flashlight into the park. I'm just out for an evening stroll; I don't expect anything weird to be going on.

I will take the tracker and attempt to plant it on the woman (or another viable target) if I get a chance.

Before heading out Johnny sets Stoops up with one of his mini-radios from his utility belt for communications during the patrol.

Let me know via radio if/when you plant it. I'll assume it's on you unless told otherwise.

I think that should be about everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoops takes up his position outside the park's borders, while Johnny skirts through the park's outer edges, waiting to pick up the trail of the mystery woman.

The doctor, meanwhile, watches from the van, and to his surprise spots her passing by the window. She matches the description perfectly, and she disappears into the park on a narrow path leading up a hill into tree cover. He immediately radios to the others - "Target spotted. Trail entrance immediately by van."

Stoops is close by and manages to get to the path within the minute. Johnny, inside the park, quickly figures that he can intercept that path and possibly get ahead of her. As she was wearing dress heels it's unlikely she'll be moving faster than either man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are we supposed to do anything at this point? Or is this just an RL pause between write-up sections?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vox_Dargard wrote:
Are we supposed to do anything at this point? Or is this just an RL pause between write-up sections?

Sorry, I had virtually no reliable access yesterday. Let's roll on ahead...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Johnny cuts through a few trees, picking a path to make the least amount of noise. He comes to the edge of the path, and looking down the path sees the woman approaching. VOX may decide what to do here - wait for her to pass, intercept, or....

Meanwhile, Stoops hops onto the path and follows it. Trying to keep himself at a reasonable pace, he soon comes up to a point behind the woman where, if he proceeds further, she will almost certainly notice that she's being followed. ELADORAN may keep going... get her attention intentionally... or try to shadow her as best he can without her notice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wait for her to pass and shadow her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.