Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son's birthday is coming up Nov. 1. Normally, I'd wait until Oct. 31 to buy his present, but with X-Wing, I knew I had to buy it early and often, not wanting to miss out on what will be the coolest game I add to my collec-, err.. coolest birthday present ever for my son. He's a huge Star Wars fan. Deep down, I'm a huge-er fan, going back to my childhood.

So now I have 2 Core Sets at home, with one opened so I could read the rules, plus 1 of each expansion coming on Friday. His birthday is over a month away. And every moment of every day, I want to pull those minis out and start flying them around. It's pure torture! I'm not sure I can make it to November 1st!!!!

I can't even think about the OCD-seizue I'm going to have when my son and his friends start playing with them... It's his present... his... those hair-thin X-Wing laser cannons won't break that easily, right??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Sieradzki
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
badge
We don't stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they won't. You can play with them.DD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a good dad you should get a full session in before his birthday.

I'll bet you can find somebody who will let you borrow their table for a test game.

When they are unwrapped he won't even notice the missing plastic wrap

Have fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, just do what I did, buy one for him and one for yourself

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cormier
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain. I've been told that I "should" wait until my birthday (November 14) to get the game. UGH! It's killing me!

At least I got to play a friend's copy (it's awesome) - but in some ways that's worse cuz now I want to play it more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
Move along, move along...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, only one solution. Get another set and play secretly, curtains drawn, under the blanket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.