Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished putting the stickers on my second base set. I had the game before and like it, but it wasn't getting played at that time in my life so I traded it away, but then got a copy along with the first expansion in another trade, so I re-stickered it. But now I realize I want the fourth edition so I am approaching my third stickering session. This time I'm not going to watch "Jiro Dreams of Sushi" because those subtitles really slowed me down. Maybe I'll listen to a few podcasts this time around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in the middle of Battlestar Galactica at the time. I don't remember how many episodes it took me(I did blocks from base game-expansion 6 AND Napoleonics all back to back nights), but it was a LOT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One set from each box, plus a few extras (I ordered extra blocks & sticker sheets from GMT and managed to sticker up a few more from spares).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I have stickered 2 sets of base games, and every expansion. I think I calculated over 5000 stickers applied. Not including CC Napoleonics and CCN SPanish expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlescab wrote:
I have stickered 2 sets of base games, and every expansion. I think I calculated over 5000 stickers applied. Not including CC Napoleonics and CCN SPanish expansions

There should be a microbadge for stickering 5000 blocks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets just say everything I touched for a week stuck to my hands.

Call me spidey haha

Edit,It was 5000 stickers.. 2500+ blocks ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One base set and all the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob ZoBell
United States
North Salt Lake
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've stickered my base set plus a friend's base set (he thought I was crazy to offer). Three ancients expansions (1,4,6) and the base set of Napoleonics.

Plus a couple of custom-made British rocket units (for a fan-made scenario set in the War of 1812) and a half-sized Dutch army for yet another fan-made scenario.

So: 6 1/2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Four sets down four more to go. Just picked up Napoleonics and looking forward to getting that one on the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Connolly
United States
Camas
Washington
flag msg tools
I won the 1993 GenCon DnD Open
badge
My Game Convention Logo
mbmbmbmbmb
How long does it take to sticker the base set? I just ordered a copy and it should arrive on Friday afternoon.... just in time for a Saturday game day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet you could sticker a base set in two hours if you focused. Podcasts might work better than Netflix as your supplementary media. My last set took 3.5 but I was watching a subtitled movie and taking my time. I'm doing another set today at lunch and will try to burn through it and time myself.

Remember to count out the blocks for each unit type first so you don't accidentally use up your unmarked spare stickers.

[Stickied note with more detail]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Connolly
United States
Camas
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
My Game Convention Logo
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
Remember to count out the blocks for each unit type first so you don't accidentally use up your unmarked spare stickers.

Thanks for the reminder on this... I remember reading something about that while ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just pulled out expansion #3 to sticker the blocks last weekend. I've been sitting on the unplayed expansions for so long (from the original P500 order) that I thought it was time to get going and try out the scenarios. Stickering is quite relaxing. But then I realized I was 1 small red block short. Of course, GMT was kind enough to put a replacement in the mail for me right away. (Now I'll finally be able to get those last 2 heavy Roman infantry stickers off my finger.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elkurin wrote:
How long does it take to sticker the base set? I just ordered a copy and it should arrive on Friday afternoon.... just in time for a Saturday game day.

Audio books, especially about Napoleonics are great for this.. I recommend Sharpe's Eagle by Bernard Cromwell.
I pull out all the blocks and count them out first, then pull 2 stickers at a time one on my index and one on the middle. I apply the first label and spin the block horizontally so I make sure none of the units get pasted upside down. Then paste the back.

My best guess is about 4 hours if you keep at it. But I prefer to do one army at a time max, or you start making dumb mistakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elkurin wrote:

I think I averaged between 2.5-3 hours for the base sets. I was watching Battlestar Galactica though so maybe it can be done faster(but I doubt it can be done more enjoyably).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Add some hours if you are extra careful:
I group the blocks by unit type, counting them and finding blocks that are the most irregular (e.g. unpainted or damaged corner, non-rectangular etc.) and swap in the spare blocks.
I use flat tweezers to apply the stickers, this is easier for me if I put the blocks on a box of 4cm (about 1.5 inch) height, so my hand can rest on the table when aligning/applying the sticker.

Edit: I almost forgot this:
Select a battle (or two) you want to play on Saturday and just sticker the dice and the blocks for the units/leaders/banners you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Connolly
United States
Camas
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
My Game Convention Logo
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished! Took me about 3.5 hrs to get the whole game ready. That was a lot of stickers.

Thanks for the advice everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.