Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Palmer
United Kingdom
Southgate, London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Just trying to learn this great game with my wife (a video would help!) and it took us a while to realise that our yellow cubes are meant to be the cattle (since in all the pictures the cattle are red). Was there a mistake in the factory so that the colours do not match? Any chance of replacement?

Also, our explorer tokens sadly do not sit well in the vacuum-formed plastic holes, and so have to be stored elsewhere. Anyone else got this?

These are small (almost insignificant) production issues, that hardly affect gameplay, but you know, I was wondering if I was the only one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are more orange than yellow - they must be non-hairy Highland coos?

The explorer tokens are placed in the tray during the game in piles of 8 for easy reference. They don't 'store' well in these holes so just use a zip-lock bag and put it in one of the other large pockets present in the insert (like the money and the 26 small square tokens). Otherwise, if you invert the box they would go everywhere.

Similarly, for the same reason, i've also bagged up the cards.

There's enough room. Take a look at the Earth Reborn pages for a real storage challenge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just realised Andy that you might not be referring to a storage problem regarding the explorer tokens. Mine do fit rather snuggly in the three holes, but are OK. Hope this clarifies things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SebZ
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The German version is the same, so you are not alone. cool

Cattle ist orange.

My explorer tokens "store" well, but only 7 fit in, so one for each pile is above the plastic level... and thats also fine...

How was your first game with your wive? Did you like it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Buettemeier
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Esst mehr Käsetoast!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cattle is orange here, too. But I think it makes perfectly sense that they are not red as this could create some confusion with the player color red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
unittype wrote:
Cattle is orange here, too. But I think it makes perfectly sense that they are not red as this could create some confusion with the player color red.

This is exactly the reason why we wanted them orange. So All the printed boxes have orange cattle cubes. No different spare ones to exchange.
Although we were expecting for a more orange towards red color than an orange toward yellow color. We have signaled this tiny problem to the manufacturer and we'll try to correct it, but only in a future print if there should be one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
palmerar wrote:
Hi there,

Just trying to learn this great game with my wife (a video would help!) and it took us a while to realise that our yellow cubes are meant to be the cattle (since in all the pictures the cattle are red). Was there a mistake in the factory so that the colours do not match? Any chance of replacement?

Also, our explorer tokens sadly do not sit well in the vacuum-formed plastic holes, and so have to be stored elsewhere. Anyone else got this?

These are small (almost insignificant) production issues, that hardly affect gameplay, but you know, I was wondering if I was the only one!

We have shot this video in English and Jean Charles is actually working on it... But we got a little bit overwhelmed to get the game released in time, and also working on the solo version so we couldn't finish it. JC is on it and it should come out soon. Hopefully before the games hits the American continents....
Yes yes I know England and many other countries also speak English. No special reason here, just that we got too busy to finish that in time as we would have liked... But it's coming....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Palmer
United Kingdom
Southgate, London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray! Thanks for the answers guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Boelinger wrote:
unittype wrote:

This is exactly the reason why we wanted them orange. So All the printed boxes have orange cattle cubes. No different spare ones to exchange.
Although we were expecting for a more orange towards red color than an orange toward yellow color. We have signaled this tiny problem to the manufacturer and we'll try to correct it, but only in a future print if there should be one.

We played our first session last night but the natives revolted and declared independence because we were all basically too mean to help them! "Generosity, that was my first mistake. I leave them a little, they ask for more" (Eli Wallach, The Magnificant Seven). I suppose we Brits should have done better at colonizing, we've had enough practice after all.....whistle Next time!

Anyway, back to the thread. I personally found the cube colours much too bright compared to the pictures in the rule book and, more important, those used on the player screens. The mismatch was significant at times so i'm pleased to hear that the issue might get resolved for any reprints, although it may be easier just to make the colours in the rules and player screens match the cubes rather than the other way round?

On (another) slightly different topic, i found the circular action board to be too cluttered. Don't get me wrong, i like the artwork and it's very themeatic, but certainly for new players it was not clear enough. A slightly more practical design might have benefitted the clarity, although i do appreciate that a plainer board wouldn't have looked as good. The rest of the artwork and components are top notch and it's only a minor point since it quickly gets easier to decipher with more plays.

Very enjoyable, intricate, game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boelinger
France
Nice
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isac Sandelin
Sweden
Sveg
Härjedalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I opened My copy of the game just now, and most of the pieces are nice but me 2 and 3 of the punch outs are miss aligned. I wondered, is this anything to fuss about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you guys put ALL the frame of the tile tray BELOW the plastic tray as advised. This elevates tray to the top so that there is minimal movement when box is tilted. I also use those X-cross rubber bands to keep lid tight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave F.
Netherlands
Schelluinen
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are "right down the middle" orange, I mean, they seem as close to red as to yellow to me, so that's right.

The only problem I have with the printing is that the backs of the Domestic and Foreign Market boards were out of line, so part of them are just grey cardboard with no print. It's no biggie as it's only on the back, but still not great.

Also the 3x8 round tokens don't fit well and the big round action board doesn't fit in any nice hole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.