Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGers and Wargamers - The LadyBird and McCombs rooms at the Hyatt Regency are designed as "BoardRooms" with a large conference table in the middle of the room. Each table should have 6-10 chairs around it.

We're thinking this would be ideal for larger, longer games, well-suited to this kind of environment and scheduled ahead of time. Initially I was going to set-up 4- or 6-hour blocks, but we decided to go with 2-hour windows and you can sign-up for as many as you'll need.

To make this work though, please be courteous and accommodating to other attendees. Only sign-up if you already have a full group of players for the game. We don't want to see this room "hoarded" by only 2 players all day long. If you need 6 hours solid and the day is full of alternating 2-hour blocks of event and then open, please coordinate amongst each other, shifting a game earlier here and later there to open up the block to fit in the longer one.

If you have a game that would benefit from this room set-up, please sign up on the wiki pages listed below:

Step 1: Check the wiki page to see slots available.
LadyBird_Room or McCombs_Room

Step 2: Click "Edit" at the top of the wiki page and fill in your name, BGG username, and Game Name next to the appropriate time slot:

For example:
Quote:

!Wednesday, Nov 14
!Name
!UserName
!Game Name
|-
|10am-12:00pm
| Kristine Anderson |
| ([username = Kristine]) with no spaces on either side of the "=" sign
| Washington's War
|-
|12pm-2pm
| Kristine Anderson |
| ([username = Kristine]) with no spaces on either side of the "=" sign
| Washington's War

Then click SAVE at the bottom of the page. If you do not click Save, you just lost your spot.

Step 3: Show up to the appropriate room and have fun.

Guidelines -

Bring the game.

Use the appropriate GeekLists to find players.
BGG.Con 2012 - Wargames, Meetups, and Mules
BGG.con 2012 RPG Meetups
BGG.CON 2012 Epic Games List

Time Slots are for 2 hour blocks. Please fill in the appropriate number of time slots for the length of the game including set-up and clean-up.

Be mindful of others playing before you and after you. When your time slot is up - you are out.

There will still be a rooms (Hobby and Jonsson) designated for the Wargamers and you are welcome to play there as well. And, as always, you are welcome to play anywhere that you can find a space. The LadyBird and McCombs Rooms just have a particular set up that fits the RPG and WarGame style of game, so we are providing this as an additional option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fire Lord
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance this could be used for 18xx gaming as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roseundy wrote:
Any chance this could be used for 18xx gaming as well?

Carter and Glasscock are being set aside for "Quiet Games", which is something some of the 18xx'ers have ask for in the past.

The general idea is to use these rooms for games with large numbers of players, longer play time, lots of real-estate needed. Of course, it's also ok to put tables together in the other breakout rooms and ballrooms as long as things get put back nicely.

If an 18xx games meets these conditions, then it's certainly ok to play there, but I'd like to see it fill up first with RPG's (if there's the demand for it) since those games are much better suited to this kind of room than elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Help me to help you! Help me to help you!
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, just so I'm clear: We have an Arkham Horror game in the Epic list that will have 6 players. Is this a good use of one of these rooms if the game will probably take 3-4 hours? Or should it be saved for more Epic games, or game with more people?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's fine, but I also want to say I don't necessary want to judge what's fine and what's not.

I'm just looking for "efficient usage". And I trust the community to use the resources available in a fair and equitable manner. And truly, just about any game can theoretically be played just about anywhere. RPG's are well suited to these rooms since a lot of the game is verbal communication and a room to themselves facilitates this.

But from looking at last year's list, I only see two RPG's that actually happened, so I don't want the rooms 'reserved' for things there's not the demand for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kunsemiller
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Mischievous Hobbes is Mischievous
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
I think that's fine, but I also want to say I don't necessary want to judge what's fine and what's not. :)

I'm just looking for "efficient usage". And I trust the community to use the resources available in a fair and equitable manner. And truly, just about any game can theoretically be played just about anywhere. RPG's are well suited to these rooms since a lot of the game is verbal communication and a room to themselves facilitates this.

But from looking at last year's list, I only see two RPG's that actually happened, so I don't want the rooms 'reserved' for things there's not the demand for.

I remember this room type being used last year for super late night eat poop you cat and it was PERFECT! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schmittgens
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
I think that's fine, but I also want to say I don't necessary want to judge what's fine and what's not.

"All those in favor of Jeff for Judge and Jury, RAISE YOUR HANDS!!" whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:

Well, three. For one of them, we didn't use a conference room and got complaints that we were too loud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
These appear to be the Here I Stand and Virgin Queen rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rishi wrote:
CaptainQwyx wrote:

Well, three. For one of them, we didn't use a conference room and got complaints that we were too loud. :)

Complaints that we were too loud, when we had been there at that volume level before they arrived. Plus it was delivered in a very condescending manner. Not cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, i was involved in at least two games. The Fiasco that got a noise complaint and an exciting game of Call of Cthulhu (6th Edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
Also, i was involved in at least two games. The Fiasco that got a noise complaint and an exciting game of Call of Cthulhu (6th Edition).

Plus the 4th Edition D&D game I ran. We used the conference room for that one, though we had to kick out some people who were playing Tikal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
Rishi wrote:
CaptainQwyx wrote:

Well, three. For one of them, we didn't use a conference room and got complaints that we were too loud.

Complaints that we were too loud, when we had been there at that volume level before they arrived. Plus it was delivered in a very condescending manner. Not cool.

I think I witnessed this, and I agree with you.

I was at the table beside you, playing some paper clip train game. I was also eavesdropping to your group, as it was very entertaining.

When you left, I was so sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
Rishi wrote:
CaptainQwyx wrote:

Very not cool. Sounds like I need to hand out some "that guy" badge ribbons...

As I may have alluded to earlier, for those people who have a problem with noise we will have some designated "Quiet Rooms".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
These appear to be the Here I Stand and Virgin Queen rooms.

Let's hold off on any more wargames for the moment so the RPG'ers have a chance to get some games organized and scheduled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, "Wargamers HQ" will be right next door in Hobby & Jonsson with 8 6'x30" tables in each room.

And "Quiet Games" are next door to that in Carter & Glasscock, again with 8 6'x30"'s in each room.

And down at the end of the Leadership Wing is "Werewolf Hollow" in McKee and Vandergriff - during the day 8 6'x30"'s for regular gaming, but reserved at 10pm for 2 "hollow squares" in each room for up to 4 games of 24-players of simultaneous Werewolf!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
Rishi wrote:
CaptainQwyx wrote:

I think I witnessed this, and I agree with you.

I was at the table beside you, playing some paper clip train game. I was also eavesdropping to your group, as it was very entertaining.

When you left, I was so sad.

You should play with us this year. We promise to be entertaining again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
BTW, "Wargamers HQ" will be right next door in Hobby & Jonsson with 8 6'x30" tables in each room.

And "Quiet Games" are next door to that in Carter & Glasscock, again with 8 6'x30"'s in each room.

And down at the end of the Leadership Wing is "Werewolf Hollow" in McKee and Vandergriff - during the day 8 6'x30"'s for regular gaming, but reserved at 10pm for 2 "hollow squares" in each room for up to 4 games of 24-players of simultaneous Werewolf!

Hooooorayyyyy!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
We played a game of Resistance at a table in the dexterity games area and got told to keep it down - I'm pretty sure that qualifies as "loudest game during daylight hours" - if you're ticking off the people playing Tumblin' Dice, you've gone too far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
"Quiet Games" are [...] in Carter & Glasscock, again with 8 6'x30"'s in each room.

[thread disruption alert]

Jeff:

Any problem if I pick one of those two rooms to be the 18xx hub? A lot of the 18xx games are organized by the "show up and divide into games" method, so I'd like to have a single central place for the 18xx players to look for each other, even if they take their games and go elsewhere.

(And yes, I know -- 18xx players, the traditional tasteless jokes about the size and shape of our privates, a room named "Glasscock"... I'll probably be lynched. It'll be worth it.)

And while I'm here, a shameless plug:
18xx at BGG.con 2012 (Plans)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morganza wrote:
Any problem if I pick one of those two rooms to be the 18xx hub?

Sounds fine to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
Morganza wrote:
Any problem if I pick one of those two rooms to be the 18xx hub?

Sounds fine to me.

... and I couldn't resist the chance to pick Glasscock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Howell                (What's Right?) (What's Wrong?)        
United States
Canoga Park
California
flag msg tools
Brought to you by Zik Zak
badge
Brought to you by Zik Zak
mbmbmbmbmb
rhitmojo wrote:
I remember this room type being used last year for super late night eat poop you cat and it was PERFECT!

epyc PERFECT? Does this mean that I should bring the pads again? With 2,000 attendees, does this mean that we will have a larger group? Random passing? Ooooooooh!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Um...I don't know if this is bad form, and I'll gladly relinquish the slot if it is...but I reserved Lady Bird on Wednesday from4-6 for the beer swap. There are no reservations in the slots either before or after. Please advise if this is not appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.