Subject: Suggested age of 8 and game weight of 2.6! Really? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm a fan of Surprised Stare Games Ltd, liked Confucius really much and preordered Snowdonia in a minute after hearing/reading of it. It looks really great and the demo video from the UK Games expo was promising, but a suggested age of 8 and a game weight of 2.6 makes me a little bit nervous...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
Hi,

I'm a fan of Surprised Stare Games Ltd, liked Confucius really much and preordered Snowdonia in a minute after hearing/reading of it. It looks really great and the demo video from the UK Games expo was promising, but a suggested age of 8 and a game weight of 2.6 makes me a little bit nervous...

I see what you mean...I would suggest 10+ is probably more realistic BUT the rules ARE simple - seven actions to choose from with only 2 (possibly 3) workers plus some round administration. There are only 5 resources and 30 cards in the 'deck'...the typical Euro-gaming family should have no trouble with it.

However...in the hands of gamers it can become something much more malicious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one looks very cool and did appear harder. VERY interested~!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game a few times now and it's a 12/14 plus , complexity 3. Great game - taught it to 3 tables at my hotel in Essen and I am fairly sure everyone who has not bought it I going to- it's a wonderful game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.