Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that you can mix and match which of the expansion cards you play with. If you're not using an expansion, does the card come out of the deck or do you just ignore any special ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, to answer your question, Yes! lol

You can do either. When I am demoing the game I use all 54 cards but I ignore the special abilities of the Mercenary, Alchemist, and Beast cards. They just sit in as extra cards. You almost have to use the Fortress and Princess as they are due to their Victory Point values.

or

If you are playing with 2-4 players, you may decide to remove some cards all together. Maybe your group does not like the nasty nature of the Mercenary cards, then remove them. This game has been playtested a ton with just the base 36 cards, with all 54 cards, and with removing a few cards here and there. We have even playtested it without any Plague cards and it works great.

Another cool option is to play 4 player teams like you would in Spades. This was a favorite method of many playtesters.

Thanks for your questions,

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.