Subject: Masterton or Wairarapa Gamers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Gibson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm moving to Masterton at the end of the year and would like to hook up with any euro or war gamers in the area.

If that sounds like you drop me a geek mail message.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Roach
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I believe there is a miniature wargaming group out that way, you may want to join the NZ Wargaming Yahoo group to make contact.

G

Just remembered, they are called the Masterton Maurauders, they have a blog to search for with contact details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Anderson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This group used to meet regularly in Featherston. I'm not sure what the current status is, but I'm sure some of the members could update you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ianne wrote:
This group used to meet regularly in Featherston. I'm not sure what the current status is, but I'm sure some of the members could update you.

Going by the Guild calendar, it looks like they had a gaming night on 21/09, and are due to have another one on 19/10.

I'm not sure if that's up to date, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Minty Hunter
New Zealand
Carterton
Wairarapa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Peter,

We might have already spoken on the phone- unless that was some other Aucklander who was moving to Masterton at the end of the year!

In any event, I headed to the Featherston gaming night last Thurs and played Lords of Waterdeep, or Caylus with a Fantasy Theme. There's a meeting once a month, and all sorts of games get played. Lovely group.

Some of us from that group have also have recently been having some laughs (and too much brie and chocolate) while playing Pathfinder, and we helped one of the group playtest a Cthulhu RPG scenario.

I've played Civil War minis, Memoir 44, Up Front and also a whole bunch of Euros with locals.

So drop us a line when you get to the Wairarapa; sure we'll be able to sort something out. At the very least, I can blow the dust off my unplayed Paths Of Glory, Combat Commander, C&C Ancients etc ;-)

Cheers,
Minty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gibson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey Minty,

No, I don't think that was me you spoke to, so maybe there is a bit of a exodus from Auckland to Masterton happening!

Thanks for the heads up. I enjoy euros and board war games of most flavors so I'll get in touch in the New Year.

Cheers

Pete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anita J
msg tools
Oooooh Featherston gaming!

I'm over in Feathers some weekends and could host a meet up sometime. Do you have contact details for the group?

Anita
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Back 9th Feb 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
kneats wrote:
Oooooh Featherston gaming!

I'm over in Feathers some weekends and could host a meet up sometime. Do you have contact details for the group?

Anita

Here's our Featherston board Games Club. Sadly the game store is no longer open, but the calendar is up to date, and our next meting is October 18th, 7pm at the Royal Hotel, Featherston.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.