Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Meyers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I'll be taking some of my game design course material - Paid to Play: The Business of Game Design - and making a 4-hr presentation from it. I'll be speaking at Snakes & Lattes in Toronto this Sunday, 11a-4p. It's free to attend. The gist of the presentation is how the game industry works, how to pitch and sell your game ideas, and where do you stand to make the most money in doing this.

Most probably don't know me, but I'm a 25-yr game industry veteran with about 3 dozen published titles to my credit. Nearly 1 million games sold, around the world. I've been teaching my course off and on for the last 10 years, and many established game inventors got started by taking my course or using me as a consultant. My course has jumpstarted the game designing careers for a good number of well-respected inventors.

If any of you live nearby, I hope to see you Sunday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope everything goes smoothly. Alas geography prevents me from making it there...good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own your book; it's a good read. I hope you get a good turnout. I would definitely attend if I wasn't in California.

Anyone in the area should put time in his or her schedule to take part in this event. I don't see why someone interested in games would do otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
How did the presentation go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Migas
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you video or audio record the presentation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snakes & Lattes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
We did record it! We'll make sure to let you know when it's edited and uploaded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snakes & Lattes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
We've now got a video online for those who were wanting to watch! http://youtu.be/G1y7d1-bVHM Thanks again to Keith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.