Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that there hasn't been a really recent variation of this idea, cause that means that I overlooked it. If so, I apologize...I also tried searching, but I didn't find what I was looking for.cry

What prompted this list is a store in Dallas that I shop at that only has 6 locations nationwide and supplies those plastic vending machines and places like Chuck E Cheese with those tiny toys.

We played Merchant of Venus last night and the owner said he wished that he had some ships for it...well I got a package of 12 for a dozen, plus some monsters, and some play money for a game I am designing.

http://www.ustoy.com/

This place just rocks!laugh

I'm not looking for places like Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or Garden Ridge, but out of the way, really cool places that supply low cost, maybe bulk items that we can use to enhance or for use in the games we are developing.ninja

Thanks
Steven

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should check out some of the online teacher supply stores. They have all kinds of plastic bits. Most are used for counting and that's generally the category where you'll find things like this. You can find some links to these in a GeekList I posted just this week. The BGG server seems to be a bit wacky right now so I can't post a link for you but you can find it by going to my profile and clicking on the GeekList link in my content summary. Look for my latest GeekList about making custom components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Coeur D'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
where did you find the ships on USToy? I looked all over the site and couldn't find them. I found the play money and all kinds of things to use for monsters, but no ships. Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread over in the game design forum has LOTS of sources

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/66420

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
mbmbmbmbmb
James,

When you go to the site, in the seach box in the upper right, type in
"spaceships" and it will bring it up. I tried posting the link, but it is so long that the entire thing doesn't activate and goes back to the main page anyways.

There are actually 20 different variations...the picture doesn't show them all...they come in four different colors...blue, silver, copper, and a burnished gold.

I bought ten packs so that I got a pretty good variety, some of them that are more "standard" ships show up fairly often...the cooler ones...like the three at the very top of the picture, I never actually got, which makes me wonder if there are more than 20 types.surprise

The only bad thing is that they sell out oftencry, so you have to keep checking back, or call one of the stores, and have someone go snag them for you (which is what I did...one hour drive, but TOTALLY worth it.)

Steven

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.