David Smith
United States
Fitchburg
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
When I played the 1830 DOS game version on freegameempire.com it would never ask me for the password after the first time I played. But now that I'm trying to run it in DOSBox on my own PC (not through the Internet) it keeps asking me for the passwords every time I start it....any ideas?

Dave
justified1996@yahoo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mathes
Germany
Essen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The password-free version is sensitive for the path to the HD where the game runs (at least that is my finding) - mounting the DOS-Box always to the same letter worked fine for me, after typing the required PW some times.

Back when I had Win98 and Win2000 OS, the PW came up each time I messed around with the HD hierarchy.

There also seem to be a difference between the orginal version and the patched version concerning the PW. The original version that is floating around the web simply accepts a in the PW box, whereas the patched version needs the correct PW some times before it skips the PW routine entirely.

Ciao

Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved >>VGG:1830: Railroads & Robber Barons:General
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.