Subject: Seeking the round plastic go bowls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Won't argue the wood vs plastic element in reguards to go. Wood is always superior. Though I have one big gripe when it comes to plastic go bowls.

I've never seen -any- full sized go bowls made out of plastic that are rounded like a ball. Much like the wooden go bowls. I'ld love to see a set made out of plastic thats sturdy as a horse.

The reason is simple. I want to get a set for my neice and cousin. It would be their starter set yet at the same time Ild like to get them round plastic bowls just like 'uncle's'. Of course ild get a pair for my own 'portable' set.

All the ones Ive seen are squareish plastic. I wont argue the ability to stack the containers or portability. Just the availability.

Has anyone seen any round (sphereoid) plastic go bowls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valery Prikhodko
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May Google be with you: this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those plastic bowls previously mentioned have a measurement of the set being 5.5 x 3.5 inches. which without a third dimension makes me think they are 2.25 diameter bowls that are 3.5 inches tall. With the 15$ S&H I'ld be much more open to buying those cheapo 'classic collection burlwood bowls' from target. The cheap wooden ones from Amazon would work as well. However I believe if you want to go cheaper those short stubby 'soup thermos' might work just as well.

Still if anyone can auctually find a full size plastic go bowls that are round. Let me know. (other than the one posted above).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martins Livens
Latvia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember seen imitation bamboo(http://www.hebsacker-verlag.de/bastdosen-gross-pi-1047.html) plastic doses, but you are probably looking for imitation wood bowls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this image on Google images, so at least you know what you're looking for is out there somewhere. The image claims to have originated from www.users.erols.com though I was unable to link to any sales related info. Not sure why standard square bowls won't suffice your niece/cousin. Anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martins Livens
Latvia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grey stones look quite unusual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Koopmans
Canada
St Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tmredden wrote:
I found this image on Google images, so at least you know what you're looking for is out there somewhere. The image claims to have originated from www.users.erols.com though I was unable to link to any sales related info. Not sure why standard square bowls won't suffice your niece/cousin. Anyway...

I have a set of black plastic go bowls very similar to the ones in this picture. I got my set at http://www.samarkand.net/ back when they still sold equipment. I'm not sure where you might find a set these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's presentation. I have a set of go bowls. The proper round 'sphereoid' type. I only meet them (my neice and nephew) once or twice a year so I wanted to give them something a step above boxes or cylinders, yet at the same time, Durable. Heck if they made go bowls out of pressed metal thats been painted, Ild get them those. But only if they were in the proper shape. Though i have the quest for cheap go bowls I know its best to get wood ones at this point for them. It's still a little quest of mine. To find the plastic round goban bowls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Smith
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rkcpek wrote:
It's presentation. I have a set of go bowls. The proper round 'sphereoid' type.

Some ideas:
The two plastic squarish bowls (black and gray) are the only ones I've commonly seen in the US. Any others will likely cost much more than the wood bowls available at Amazon.

- HDPE widemouth plastic jars. They'll be cylindrical not spheroid.
- Use a food container (I've used ziplock small square 20oz).
- 3d printing: saw them being printed at 2012 Go Congress.

If you want pre-made alternate materials, search for 20oz or 600ml containers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.